What gun do you use for deer hunting ?

I have been wondering how may counties these guys are shooting across....hell get a baseball bat and climb in the back of my truck and there is a 60 to 70% chance you could get one the old fashioned way.

I have been wondering how may counties these guys are shooting across....hell get a baseball bat and climb in the back of my truck and there is a 60 to 70% chance you could get one the old fashioned way.

Sounds like a good time Ronnie...I dont hunt so I dont have a rifle. Is it acceptable to use an aluminum bat or is that considered unsporting?

Bryan

Most deer here sre killed with cars/trucks .... I drive abt 15 miles one way to work and counted 10 roadkills

Marlin 30-30 Lever action & Remington BDL 700 270 & Marlin 512 slug master for closer shots...

Phoneguy said:
Sounds like a good time Ronnie...I dont hunt so I dont have a rifle. Is it acceptable to use an aluminum bat or is that considered unsporting?

Bryan

To give you an idea,first season just ended. 3 day total tagged in my county alone was a little over 1300. And probably that many again in road kills. And its a small county.

And B it's ok as long as you are clean for PEDs.......is beer a performance enhancing drug???

I got a doe sunday with the contender and bumped one last night with the Acadia 1/2mile from the house. No damage to the Acadia but I'm sure that left a mark.:p

#1 choice for head shots on whitetail doe, axis doe, and feral hogs - Remington Model 700 BDL with target crowned barrel in cal. 22-250 with Winchester 45-grain JHP Varmint loads. You either hit 'em and turn their lights off, or miss completely. It has never missed in my hands (knock on wood). Fresh from the box this rifle shot 3/4" groups at 200 yards. Very smooth shooting gun and any gunsmith worth his salt can get the trigger to a 1-1/2# pull with their eyes closed. Remington 700's are a joy to shoot, and the .22-250 can be shot all day long. Great for youngsters as well - I've had 10-year olds shoot this rifle and want to continue all day long with a little padding on the butt stock; it's truly a confidence builder for them since it's so accurate.

#1 choice for whitetail bucks and #2 choice for hogs - Weatherby Vanguard Sub-MOA with target crowned barrel in cal. 7mm Rem. Mag. Absolutely deadly to 375-yards (my longest kill shot). I have missed with this rifle several times due to its ferocity and horrendous factory trigger. Since I installed the 2# Timney trigger group two years ago, nothing but good news from it.

Next on the list will be something in between these two as far as knock-down power. Considering a .257 Roberts, 7mm-08, or the good ol' .308 Win. Undecided at this point.

Good thread - I love hearing what others use to hunt with!!!!

How about a nice custom 25-06?:D Trigger's set at 1.5 lbs and it's target crowned as well.;)
DSCN0005.JPG

Dangit charlie!! Don't tempt me. I just spent $800 on the car!! The turbo, turbosaver, and modded ecm were my christmas presents! The rifle would have to anniversary, birthday, father's day.

Send me a pm about it with details!!

Dangit charlie!! Don't tempt me. I just spent $800 on the car!! The turbo, turbosaver, and modded ecm were my christmas presents! The rifle would have to anniversary, birthday, father's day.

Send me a pm about it with details!!
Check your inbox.;)