What do you use to remove burnout off your quarter panels?

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Aside from elbow grease, what would you recommend to remove pieces of sticky M/T's from the quarter panels left from doing burnouts?

Also anything that I can apply to make it easier to remove the next time? The car was waxed but that doesn't seem to help. I believe I've heard they make removable trimmable magnets that can be placed over the quarters? Anything else?

Mud flaps. To hold them on use the big clips that would be used in a office to hold large amount of paper together. Easy to put on and take off.

smear rear gaurds with vasaline or dishwashing liquid before burnouts then hose off when finished so easy

Mud flaps. To hold them on use the big clips that would be used in a office to hold large amount of paper together. Easy to put on and take off.

Heh. I thought I was the only one who did that. Mine are held on full time by those clips. :)

I put a thick coat of wax on, and leave it there before I go to the tr
HTML:
ack. Afterwards I just wipe It off...

I just spray some Armor-All on the lower part of the quarter panels before going to the track and when I'm done racing, the rubber wipes off quite easily. Then i wash the car with mild soap...:wink:

Claude. :)

Pam Cooking spray works great.
I had the 1/4 panel cutouts that are magnetic sheets & used them for years. They dont stick anymore & no vendor sells them anymore either. I was thinking of taking mine to a sign shop & have some made. If a vendor made 50 sets I bet he would sell them easily.

+1 on the cooking spray. You can also use a spray on dry lube.

To get it off before treating the surface, just use throttle body cleaner.

Before I go to track I put the good blue masking tape on then
I cover that with black duct tape. So its not noticeable
I was using the cooking oil but. The return lanes. And parking lot have
A lot of gravel that stick to the slicks that causes chips which the cooking
Oil will not help with

Thanx fellas. I didn't have any WD40 but I did have some PB blaster. It works, just a bitch to clean off b/c it gets all gooey and such. Imagine getting all that goo smear stains off a white car. :eek:

Ivory dishwashing liquid. Easy to rinse off and it's easy on your wax too.....and it's free. Just steal it from your wife !!

It'll get there with some time/tuning. Until then I'd like to keep her looking good for cruise in's.

Just giving some crap. I kept rubber on my quarters for a few years and it was a pain to remove. We used bug and tar remover that worked OK. My dad used to have some white magnets that you could cut to fit that area. I'll ask where he got them, I wouldn't mind having some black ones.
Scott