what do you guys think about this intercooler and setup.

It looks like a quality piece but it's too small. You want something that has the capability of grabbing more air.

I'm Polish (somewhat) and would not be caught dead with that POS on my car,,tell me your not serious for that price...... :eek:

justabuickv6 said:
It looks like a quality piece but it's too small. You want something that has the capability of grabbing more air.

I agree. I went this route. It's not huge, but it should be good for what I need. I like the fact that the air hits the entire core. I remember putting a big FMIC on my 99 GT when it was turbocharged and the car ran low 11s/high 10s on 94 octane. It looks like it will install real easy. I haven't done it yet because I'm still working on the Grooms shortblock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUIC...iewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQitemZ8003043700QQrdZ1

Marc87GN said:
I agree. I went this route. It's not huge, but it should be good for what I need. I like the fact that the air hits the entire core. I remember putting a big FMIC on my 99 GT when it was turbocharged and the car ran low 11s/high 10s on 94 octane. It looks like it will install real easy. I haven't done it yet because I'm still working on the Grooms shortblock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUIC...iewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQitemZ8003043700QQrdZ1
1000% better
than the one above Imo.. :rolleyes:

BandAid said:
1000% better
than the one above Imo.. :rolleyes:

I figured there are cars running real strong with a Mease 24 row which has a core of 639 ci in the engine bay, this should work well with a 726 ci core in front of the car. I realize there is much more to it, but it seemed reasonable at the time.

Ive been told by many GN owners that a big front mount intercooler does work better for flow and heat BUT that when they put FMIC that they had to use a dual fan setup because there cars were running a hotter than normal due to flow restriction to there radiators. i dont know how true it is but it makes perfect sense. any input on this

$120 intercooler
Full Throttle Daul fans for $88
misc piping for intercooler $100

now my car runs cooler and has better flow for less than $250......................................................................

BandAid said:
$120 intercooler
Full Throttle Daul fans for $88
misc piping for intercooler $100

now my car runs cooler and has better flow for less than $250......................................................................

Nice. I just had my radiator recored and I plan to get the dual fan setup. Has any one bypassed the resisitor so the stock fan runs at high speed all of the time? I would imagine the motor wouldn't like it, but it would cool better.

Marc87GN said:
Has any one bypassed the resisitor so the stock fan runs at high speed all of the time? I would imagine the motor wouldn't like it, but it would cool better.
Mines like that all the time ,infact I am driving it to work tonight.... :smile:

hey bandaid will you post pics of install and custom piping ? i have been looking atthem also .but want to hear how well they work .as long as boost press and cfm is enough why wouldnt it work ??? for that price cant beat it .why spend $800 when you can spent $200 ??? but would like to see piping and get part #s list .they are nice looking coolers .put it on and repost want to know results.have fun

if need to add cooling effect could install c02 sprayer kit on intercooler .i made my own c02 sprayer .easy have less that $300 into it .but im just running 17 row stock location i.c.. makes diff on my car

That first Ebay IC link posted is basically a lot of relatively short 6" long rows in parallel. Having alot of rows does two things:
1. makes for a low pressure drop across the core.
2. the air moves slower in each row.

Number one is good number two is bad. Slower moving air doesn't have the "scrubbing effect" that fast moving air does. Bad scrubbing and only a 6" long row to flow through.......

That intercooler is 18 X 3 inches worth of 6" long tubes to flow through. Stock location stretches are anywhere from 15 to 17 X 3 inches worth of 12" long tubes to flow through. Alot of guys switch from a stretch to a front mount because they think stretches aren't big enough. If some one showed me this front mount intercooler on thier car I would look at it and say "YEP! its up front!" :D

Jason

Mark87GN, I noticed in the pictures of it that the pipes run kind of close to the stock fan. I wonder how well they will fit with a dual fan setup? When you install it and if you use a dual fan, take some pictures for us to see.