What did you do to your GN/TR today?

Body is off the frame

It's been a long bag and tag effort, but now that i have split the frame from the body and the frame is going off to the powder coater. I see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

another day another year.

spend t he last couple days just working on the pass rear quarter panel. Sanding it down to bare metal doing some minor body work filling in little dimples. I still havent had the chance to paint it with some ppg deltron corrosian resistant primer. Need to do that before it rusts :(

just had a friend do an alignment for me.... tryn to get everything ready for the PowerTour:D

Finally got to doing my rear seat braces yesterday. Wasnt as bad as people made it out to be. I think it took longer to get the car in the air than it did to put the braces in. Cant say I really noticed a difference, but the car does have less rattles so thats a good thing.

I took the Aluminum core support, all underhood brackets, and few other odds and ins to get powder coated chassis black for the GN.

Also brought the headers, turbo sheild, crossover pipe, stock down pipe, in to get ceramic coated silver for the Limited.

Installed new motor mounts on the Limited while the headers were out of the way.

Still waiting on parts to go any further.:frown:

Going back together now. I know it is dirty but I use it as a daily and it is mostly stock. Someday I will have a nice TR but for now this will work.:biggrin:

100_0506.jpg

Today I pulled up the corner of the car cover to see how bad it was leaking oil. Then I stacked some more stuff on top of it so I could sweep up the floor around it. I'm getting really close to not hating it anymore. I needed a nice long break from the headache. I might pull the cover off Friday night and start pulling the motor.

Steve

What the...????! Is it June now???? My car looks remarkably similar to my last post back in April:

gn_060208-1.jpg

gn_060208-2.jpg

gn_060208-3.jpg

It pisses me off to see it this way considering the fact that I didn't do it. But I'll sort it out one of these days. Engine is almost done......

Jim

New headliner material still hasn't shown up so I spent even more time cleaning up the headliner board. Spent a lot of time sweating in the garage. If this new headliner sags on me I'm going to cry.

Spent a little while installing the new LED tail lights in the GN. Been driving the Limited everday to work and loving it. Collecting parts almost daily for the LC2 swap into the Limited. Still looking for a 8.5 rear end and driveshaft.

Last night, my neighbor came and took my front wheels because he's getting ready for a cruise in town. He swapped them with the '70's vintage Cragar SS wheels that he had lying around his garage. Now my car isn't running, but it is now the ugliest Buick ever created. Poor Me.

Getting ready for the PowerTour

...changed the oil. Found some brand NEW front frame reinforcements while cleaning up:redface: and decided to throw those on as well... just waiting on my fabbed front air dam support to come so i can install my air dam:D

fuel pump

I replaced the sy/ty pump I put in in 93 or 94(remember when this was the pump upgrade?:eek: )wuth the Walbro 340 i have had for almost 2 yrs:biggrin:

Pulled off all the cold-air-intake tubing and put the K&N back in the engine bay. Removed high-beam and covered the opening with some mesh, then ran some tubing back to the K&N to get fresh air to it. We'll see if there's any difference, some people claim turbos are less efficient when they have to pull air through long intake pipes. I have HIDs anyway so I won't miss the high beam.

Helped my buddy put his 20K mile stock engine back together last night. Did rear main seal, and finished that up and torqued the rocker shafts and put the valve covers on. Timing cover and new water pump ready to go on and the the oil pan can go on, probably tonight. Then it should be just about ready to drop back in the car. All we need now is the freshened up trans. Car will be his new DD, as soon as we cut the cage out of it. :eek:

Then we have to do it all over again for another car.

As for my GN, I went and got a set of 255/50/16 MT ET Street Radials yesterday. :biggrin: Car rides much better, but the rearend doesnt come out any more. Goes in a straight line for now. Next up for my GN are new Comp 980 valvesprings and new oil cooler lines and a biggie filter converison. Might call Summit and order the springs tommorow. My credit card company just loves me.:(

New Wheels

I got new wheels :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_3262.jpg
    IMG_3262.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 243
I got new wheels :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Looks good!

Today I finished replacing the headliner (actually remembered how the interior went back together!) and took it out for a "spirited" drive, aka got sick of staring at it in the garage, took it out and drove it like I stole it. Had some fun, scared some people, and put it back in the garage before the neighborhood knew what hit them. All at zero knock on a 88 degree day. :)

headliner1.gif

car3.gif

Put my MT drag radials on my alumastars. Looks good but I wish there was room for more tire. My neighbor just some 315/60 DRs on his firebird and man do they look good.

Have not done really nothing to my TR. Though I did see Jason Cramer and some of his friends at a car show yesterday in Magna Utah. I got quite a few pointers on what next to do to my TR. THANKS GUYS.:D