What did you do to your GN today?

Installed an RJC PCV valve today. If it keeps my rig from puking oil, than I have a full electric vacuum pump setup for sale.

Got done fabbing up a one piece rear spoiler for the GN. Decided to paint it semigloss black, just to be a bit different.

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

Over the last few days: installed UMI boxed trailing arms, changed my maf about a hundred and fifty THOUSAND times, learned a BOAT LOAD about the gen 2 translator, power logger, and how to adjust by computer, my LC1 wide band's outputs and all that crap, found a huge vac leak in my cruise control vac ball, replaced both one way check valves on my vac lines, found a way to seal off my vac lines to the EGR without affecting the factory appearance whatsoever, replaced the soft fuel vapor line leading to my charcoal canister, allowing me to finally plug it in and utilize it, fixed the leak in the fuel vapor hard line by my down pipe (have no clue how that happened) drove my car until it literally ran out of gas, then filled it up to the top to monitor MPGs without having to rely on my fuel gauge because I don't think it's acting right, installed an O ring in my FPR, logged a bunch of runs all the while pissing my wife the **** off from spending too much time under the car, and a whole lot more lol.

Drained and flushed out the radiator and cooling system. Then filled with distilled water and RMI-25 cooling system treatment. Will run the car this way until the weather starts to get cold. Then i will drain the system again and add my 50/50 mix of anti-freeze and distilled water plus the RMI-25 treatment for the winter.

Just got done taking the original rope seal out and in with new modern split seal in hopes to help the oil seeping out and making a mess when parked after a drive

Last edited:
HPIM3035.JPG
Replaced ignition switch on column, replaced driver side valve cover gasket, installed new pass. side window motor, set iac to 15, installed alky knobs in dash with Kirban's dash plate (well actually I did all of this over a 3 day period).

Ck all the fluids for the GN for his 2500 miles road trip. Tori it's going to be a happy camper.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1410174534.859851.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

FINALLY got it fired up for the first time on Saturday night since I've owned it (October 2012)! still needs some cleaning up and some shifter pieces before I can drive it, though

Charged the battery. Checked for any trouble codes, none (no start situation). Reseated the powerlogger into the ecm. Looked at the damn big oil patch that's grown on my garage floor since the rebuild. Looked for the breather that blew out the last time I had it out, no luck, it's along the road somewhere (when it crapped out on me, big pop then no start, towed home). Said to hell with it and went back inside. Too many other things to do. This after spending almost $5k on a new cam, converting the heads to roller, mild port job (DLS). Ugh.

Charged the battery. Checked for any trouble codes, none (no start situation). Reseated the powerlogger into the ecm. Looked at the damn big oil patch that's grown on my garage floor since the rebuild. Looked for the breather that blew out the last time I had it out, no luck, it's along the road somewhere (when it crapped out on me, big pop then no start, towed home). Said to hell with it and went back inside. Too many other things to do. This after spending almost $5k on a new cam, converting the heads to roller, mild port job (DLS). Ugh.
pm sent.

Just finished filling 6gals. of 93 after puttong in racetronix feed and return braided hoses. Gonna start her up to make sure no leaks.

Just did tps, intake air, knock sensor, and titanium bolts for everything that gets super hot. Tired of messing around with rust and rounded heads. Doing O2, coolant temp and poly motor mount today hopefully. Still have the window rattle elim kit, window motor speed mod, air con conversion, body bushings, brake calipers, braided line, proportioning valve, trunk carpet/tire cardboard thingy, and spare tire restoration to do.

I walked by and brushed a few leaves of her
Just waiting on parts to finish up a customers car then in side she goes
Just in time for tuning . Cool weather . And some street action