What did you do to your GN today?

I thought the bolts are supposed to look like that. All came out fairly easily with a 3/8" ratchet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Rust on the valve cover bolts are from degreasing the engine.

Replaced front rotors and pads. I used a 30% off coupon and got Wearever rotors for $36 from advanced auto. The pads I got from Amazon, Hawk Performance Street pads for $55.

I also had to repair the mc to prop valve drum line. The brakes work very well now.

6b27f0d992dfcc51d9c3decf3aa78b5b.jpg

f32c2c0baef5058364cbdc274f4d6170.jpg

Didn't do it all "today", more like a few days, but here is the rundown: Super Extreme FMIC, 60# injectors, TE62BB turbo, Comp Cams valve springs, EGR block off plate and valve covers.
GN V 2.0.jpg

Swapped the powermaster for vacuum brakes and changed the flex lines to the Russell steel braided ones. It was a job. Seemed like the car protested the entire time. Couldn't get the accumulator ball off ( didn't have a thin enough wrench to fit). Speedo cable (?) in the dang way. Forgot the booster to firewall gasket ( duh), had to disassemble what we assembled and reassemble again. Bench bled the mc, bled the rest of the brakes with a mighty vac which seemed like hours......still don't have the pedal I like so gotta go bleed 'em some more, got some brake fluid drips on the fender despite our best efforts to avoid that -- we had a large shop fan blowing our direction to keep us cool and apparently as well as tiny drips of brake fluid blown around - learned a lesson on that one ( lucky there is an attached body shop and the owner of the body shop buffed it all clean and without a trace for me at n/c because he loves GN's).......... Discovered a tiny oil leak at the front near the ps pump......oh well.

Swapped the powermaster for vacuum brakes and changed the flex lines to the Russell steel braided ones. It was a job. Seemed like the car protested the entire time. Couldn't get the accumulator ball off ( didn't have a thin enough wrench to fit). Speedo cable (?) in the dang way. Forgot the booster to firewall gasket ( duh), had to disassemble what we assembled and reassemble again. Bench bled the mc, bled the rest of the brakes with a mighty vac which seemed like hours......still don't have the pedal I like so gotta go bleed 'em some more, got some brake fluid drips on the fender despite our best efforts to avoid that -- we had a large shop fan blowing our direction to keep us cool and apparently as well as tiny drips of brake fluid blown around - learned a lesson on that one ( lucky there is an attached body shop and the owner of the body shop buffed it all clean and without a trace for me at n/c because he loves GN's).......... Discovered a tiny oil leak at the front near the ps pump......oh well.

Unfortunately, there is no engine in the car at the moment 'cause it's being rebuilt…:rolleyes:...soooo I just took the cover off the car, looked at it for a few minutes and put the cover back on until next time… :cry:

Claude. :(

Took her to my mechanic . We needed a 45 degree brass fitting so I gave him a ride ( never been in a GN). Got his attention when I got her a little sideways when I got boost. Got his attention and a big grin. Installed water temp and oil pressure gauges. Around 20psi at hot idle ( 180 degrees). Up on the lift, foind the dang pinion seal leaking a little. Something else to fix now besides the leaking ps pump. Dang it anyway. ..

Got my 6 point finished up new carpet,harness, insulation and fire wall.
4e97dfa946be858debf53810d351b108.jpg
389dd38d4dcfaa72d1313c9de9c22d3f.jpg
d699341eb7affa9e3bfb0510020afb2f.jpg
d1dd81a7fac5ad98ee07222d627ac104.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Nothing as cool as Tbone87 got done with but switched powermaster brk setup over to vacuum also welded in the bung and ran
e81b60b276eb4db6f21a536d87fa0b1e.jpg
wiring for my wide band

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Vince…we want pictures! :pics:

Claude. ;)
Ok, will do Claude. Been one heck of a project. 6 months start to finish. Complete frame off, frame boxed, braced and powder coated. Every suspension piece powdered, inner fenders and header panel: all powdered. Not to mention all the hydro dipping. Plus a lot of little things along the way. New brake lines etc. I was thinking of starting a thread covering it. Look for it next week sometime.