What can I do to make my 84 Grand National faster?

Justang

Hey guys i just pick up a 84 gn hot air car would like to know what i could do to make it a little faster and what i have to do to put a intercooler in it. Also what is the basic mods to hop these cars up a little bit and where to find parts. Any info would be great thank.
Justin:cool:

first and for most do a SEARCH. If you want us to help you, first list what has been done to the car already.

If its an all orginal 84 GN. I would start with the 86/87 ECM/MAF swap and an 87 Coil Pack and with that, add a scanmaster or powerlogger. Boost guage, and knock guages are nice to have. Grab a fuel pressure regulator, adjustable wastegate actuator, and a hotwire kit with a new 340 Walbro Pump. Then go with a Cold Air intake, and new Comp 980 valve springs. These upgrades will wake up the car. If you want real speed, I would get ported intake, ported heads, 3" downpipe, TA-33C Turbo, Razor's Alky kit, Wideband O2 Sensor, and a Turbo Tweak chip to match all your parts. I think others will confirm this is a good set, I am not the most experienced but this Is what I see for the most popular upgrades..

If its an all orginal 84 GN. I would start with the 86/87 ECM/MAF swap and an 87 Coil Pack and with that, add a scanmaster or powerlogger. Boost guage, and knock guages are nice to have. Grab a fuel pressure regulator, adjustable wastegate actuator, and a hotwire kit with a new 340 Walbro Pump. Then go with a Cold Air intake, and new Comp 980 valve springs. These upgrades will wake up the car. If you want real speed, I would get ported intake, ported heads, 3" downpipe, TA-33C Turbo, Razor's Alky kit, Wideband O2 Sensor, and a Turbo Tweak chip to match all your parts. I think others will confirm this is a good set, I am not the most experienced but this Is what I see for the most popular upgrades..

Thanks bro I just find out the car already has the swap done 86/87 engine and computer.

first and for most do a SEARCH. If you want us to help you, first list what has been done to the car already.

It already has a 86/87 swap done to the car I just find out? I'm new to the grand national's this is my first one :D so if this thing has the swap and the exhaust looks stock and turbo does too. Where do I start, or should I say begin with mods, what would you do first, i want to get the car in the 12's

It already has a 86/87 swap done to the car I just find out? I'm new to the grand national's this is my first one :D so if this thing has the swap and the exhaust looks stock and turbo does too. Where do I start, or should I say begin with mods, what would you do first, i want to get the car in the 12's

Those 86-87 engines are junk, sell it to me and put a SBC in it

Those 86-87 engines are junk, sell it to me and put a SBC in it :wink:

Posting in the right location is the first thing. I moved you to the HA section so you'll get the right kind of info. You posted in the "How to" section and it for "How I did it. Not trying to be mean.

Hey guys i just pick up a 84 gn hot air car would like to know what i could do to make it a little faster and what i have to do to put a intercooler in it. Also what is the basic mods to hop these cars up a little bit and where to find parts. Any info would be great thank.
Justin:cool:

You can always try to read the link in the stick to the recipes. :cool:
Let me ask the "first order of business" question; What is your "little faster" goal?

Posting in the right location is the first thing. I moved you to the HA section so you'll get the right kind of info. You posted in the "How to" section and it for "How I did it. Not trying to be mean.

Thanks for the move, don"t worry about being mean, my wife is worst, but It has the 86/87 conversion sorry for posting in the wrong spot first time on this forum.:D