Went to an old school junk yard today

Sadly from the pics, many have fallen into severe disrepair condition and would cost $$$$ to fix as they should be. Many may be at best parts cars or quite the ambitious undertaking restoration.

I'm finally going to ask...why can't I see the pictures in this post? Every now and again, I'll open a post and from the comments there are clearly pictures, or a link or something in the OP, but I can't see it...why? :confused:

Junk yard = sell parts
Grave yard = no sell parts
Sorry. He is sitting on a fair amount of money there.

I'm just sick.:mad: I need that 86 designer..... Ugh. It figures...:mad:

Oh well, it's still pretty neat to see the old cars.

Well, i can't beat im up about his own stuff, but i had a 1970 GS, red with white top, and 455. Had did the whole drivetrain, then i got the GN, i sold the GS after 2years because it was wasting away, and a friend of mine wanted it bad. Could stand to see it rust away! I got three cars now that came out the junk yard, and a few that were sold to me in bad shape. The people that sold them to me say they are glad they did, because they love how nice they look! Next project is the last car my dad own a TTA, plan to do it nice, then im done.

The saddest part is when that guy dies someday his family is just probably call someone to come haul all that ''old junk'' to the crusher.

Just another dumb guy with a lot of nice rides who has no idea what he has. Remember what my mom told me! Having a lot of money does not equal having common sense or having class! Mom was definitely right on this cat!:mad:

Reminds me of the guy that came into my autozone one day to buy parts for his blazer..He got it for $1800 off some lady whos son died i think... he bought it to use as a winter truck and he said it was all wheel drive..
Im thinkin nawww it cant be :eek: i walk outside to look at the truck and sure as turds are brown i was starin at a typhoon sittin in the parking lot..
It was in really nice shape it was a little dull but nothin a good coat of wax couldnt take care of..I offered to buy it from him and he said no so then i told him what he was driving..

He didnt care :mad: :mad: it was gonna be his trusty new winter truck!!!!!

'32 was the first year of the V8, i think, so, yes, they had them.
as for the rest of hte stuff- it's a shame, really. this guy is probably one of those "pack rat" type people that just hoard stuff for no real reason except that they need to, and they won't get rid of it for whatever reason. they'd rather own something that's rotting into nothing then let someone else get some actual use out of it.

kirban 2 cents worth

Very interesting especially seeing the cars he collected...most of which are valuable by todays standards.....

It seems many old people from that generation are pack rats....its like they plan to eventually restore the car(s)......even if they have a 100 year program,,,,,,common sense tells you it will never happen.

I was up in Michigan in mid August and went with my buddy to see a GN that suffered a blown head gasket. Initially, we thought it happened fairly recently. We get to the guys house which he had since the early 1960s.....in the yard is at least a half dozen old cars with various tarps on them that are weather and ripped. The GN has been sitting at least a half dozen years or longer sunken into the ground. In the garage sits a P1800 Volvo that was parked over 30 years ago along side a Packard. The smell in the garage is over powering of musty damp smell. It would take hours just to get the GN out of the yard to the street!

I filmed it, as part of a DVD we will have available in 2 weeks....kinda funny in a way. Plus old people are very very hard to reason with and are not thinking clearly. In their minds the cars are in great shape. The Avanti you show has a good chance since its fiberglass but the frame isn't!

When the old soul dies, unless some auction is held, most of those hulks wlll be crushed unless one of his relatives recognizes the value of what is sitting there.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

What the weather won't ruin in time/rodents will.

'32 was the first year of the V8, i think, so, yes, they had them.
as for the rest of hte stuff- it's a shame, really. this guy is probably one of those "pack rat" type people that just hoard stuff for no real reason except that they need to, and they won't get rid of it for whatever reason. they'd rather own something that's rotting into nothing then let someone else get some actual use out of it.

kirban 2 cents worth

The early V8 Fords was a favorite of gangsters in their day because of the power to out run the law.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Plus old people are very very hard to reason with and are not thinking clearly. In their minds the cars are in great shape. The Avanti you show has a good chance since its fiberglass but the frame isn't!

What the weather won't ruin in time/rodents will.

I know what you mean. My grandfather is 90 years old and has a 79 Deville that he think's is worth almost $20K. He's had it stored under one of those "tent" garages for a couple of years now and it's been nothing more than a water trap. The stench when you open the door is unbearable. Kinda sad.

Damn Kids will be rich when hes dead!

Total Friggin shame that a guy will hold on to cars like that and let them rot rather then sell them. Thats a very selfish person. The kind that will never sell anything if he thinks someone else wants it. Obviously, there not doing him any good...Rotten kids who probably dont even know what the hell they are will look them up on ebay and be worth a small fortue when he's gone! :frown:

Nuthin Like an old school Jyard.

We have one up here in NH. Same old koot owned it for years.
Since hi kicked the bucket the kids/grand kids sold off some of the land for new Mcmansions. they had stuff back to the 40's

I saw a Gremlin X & a Levi's Gremlin. I sure the older guys know what I am talking about.

What a shame. He should wash those cars and maintain them. He's retired so he has some time.