well.... its a sad day...

Ha! You guys rock! Thats my plan. Compression test.resulted in all cylinders being the same. I bore scoped all 6 cylinders and they all look good. Got the valve cover, the downpipe, the oil pan, and plugs and wires back on. Gonna finish up putting my uppipe and crossover pipe on tomorrow. Hope my oil pump kept its prime... wish me luck boys! Will keep u posted.

Ha! You guys rock! Thats my plan. Compression test.resulted in all cylinders being the same. I bore scoped all 6 cylinders and they all look good. Got the valve cover, the downpipe, the oil pan, and plugs and wires back on. Gonna finish up putting my uppipe and crossover pipe on tomorrow. Hope my oil pump kept its prime... wish me luck boys! Will keep u posted.
sweet! Looks like you might have dodged the bullet

Boost, not out of the woods yet. Still need to make sure she runs ok. Keeping my fingers crossed. Will finish her up tonight.

It's funny how my mind works. I read this whole thread yesterday and I too wondered what that thing is. It came to me this morning as I woke up.
It looks like the tip of a fuel injector. I.E. the area just under the o ring seal. I know as you pull a injector out the o rings are hard and you put stress
on the metal lip as you work it out. It probably cracked due to flaws and finally broke off from vibration etc.

Standup,

Hmm... you make a good point there. I will see if that is what it is. Sure will be able to tell as soon as I start the car. Thanks for the insite!

Boost,

Not yet. I spent last night building my son's Little Tykes playhouse. Let me tell you what... those things suck to build. Person who wrote the instructions definitely needs a kick to the head! :)

I am hoping to get to it this evening.

Chris

Ok gents. Got car all put back together tonight. All I have to do is fire it up tomorrow and pray all is good. Hoping I have smile on my face tomorrow evening. Will keep u posted and let u know if were golden.or if motor goes south. Wish me luck!

Did you pop out that injector? That's good call on standupjetskis part. I'm impressed. :cool:

RL

Rick,

I actually turned the key about 6 or 7 times and then pulled plug to see if it was soaked. Figured if there wasn't a head on the injector, it would just dump fuel. Correct assumption?

Rick,

I actually turned the key about 6 or 7 times and then pulled plug to see if it was soaked. Figured if there wasn't a head on the injector, it would just dump fuel. Correct assumption?

I don't think so. I think it would still work.....

Easy for normal GNs . I am running a hot air GN with an intercooler. Everything is difficult on this car. The turbo still on the top of the.intake but there are intercooler pipes all over the place. It took me 50 minutes just to get valve cover off.... :-(

Easy for normal GNs . I am running a hot air GN with an intercooler. Everything is difficult on this car. The turbo still on the top of the.intake but there are intercooler pipes all over the place. It took me 50 minutes just to get valve cover off.... :-(
ohh..yikes