Well I got it running ....but got some questions

Quickturbosix

High on PSI
Ok new motor combo is up and running.

TE63E, Trans +, extender chip, TPS TEC, 55# inj's, ported big valve irons, Erson 214/208 cam, ported lower intake, 70mm KB tb and upper, power plate, 340m, 3.5 maf, powerstroke ic, and all the little crap that goes along with everything.

Heres the deal...

Got the cam broke in just fine, was really worried about that part. Before the car ran smooth the DS cable was pluged in backwards, man they run crappy like that. Switched the cable car ran smooth. Broke the cam in no probs. let cool a bit and started a few more times, no probs. Then it started running fine but after a few minutes of idle it starts to smoke and smells pig rich. The DS shows iac at around 30, sector one of the blms at 99, and it goes into "learn" mode. When you first start it up all the numbers are in check then drop to these. This thing smokes like a train. I dropped the fuel pressure to 43 but still runs way rich. Tried the leanest setting on the T+ but still the same. Coolant temp never goes over 168*. Comp is good in all holes. The short block has under 20K on it and seen 12's last year with no probs. And I get NO codes. Any ideas? I havn't got to take it out a run it yet. The powermaster crapped out after sitting for 10 months, more $ to spend. Talk about being bummed out after getting the car going after 10 months and the powermaster takes a dump. Oh well, welcome to the TR world, lol.

Let me know where to start on the tuning. Never had this problem with the old combo. Man I almost wish I would have stayed in the 12's insted of looking for the 10's.

Almost forgot.....

In the 1 hour of run time this thing had sitting in the drive it ate 3 gallons of 100 octane. 30 minutes of it was at 3000rpm braking the cam in. Could a injector be stuck open? Hence the rich idle.

Thanks again guys

I think you need to run it down the road and it may clear up. It is not good to idle a fresh build for too long. You need to seat the rings.

One suggestion I might make. With all that neat stuff you got on the car, you have piece of crap junk to remove, and that's the TPS-TEC.
You certainly don't need that thing with all the good stuff.

When you said you tried the leanest setting on the T+, can you be more specific? What setting?

In the 1 hour of run time this thing had sitting in the drive it ate 3 gallons of 100 octane. 30 minutes of it was at 3000rpm braking the cam in. Could a injector be stuck open? Hence the rich idle.

does the fuel pressure drop down all the way immediately after you shut the car off?? if the f.p. does drop immediately then its a stuck injector, or the valve in the pump is shot---

im sure at 20k the rings are seated by now since you didnt have that problem before-

are you sure you have a 55# chip installed in the ecm with the extender chip?? :confused:

is the cam sensor set correctly?? tdc #1 and the window of the cam sensor is positioned on the drivers side ??
you used the caspers tool and followed all the directions correctly?

im sure we can get it figured out give us some more info-
HTH
bryan wanner

inj. wire

Check your inj. harness. If you have a wire pinched and it is going to ground, the inj will stay open

Got the right chip for sure.

I'll have to rewire the fp guage and check for the pressure drop. It only comes on with the key. Stupid me spent the $200+ for the Autometer in car deal. Wish now I would got one for the fuel rail. hehe

I kind of like the TPS TEC. Its right on the money when it comes to the voltage and the lights. Seems to set perfect. But I did try it with out it, ran the same.

MAF Base #2 on the T+...leaner idle. It might be 3 but I know for sure it was the leaner idle for the LS1 3.5" maf. I tried other settings and some for the 3" the car wouldnt even run.

Cam sensor is in perfect. Didnt use the Casper tool but used a volt meter. Triple checked it to be sure.

Still cant figure out why I used 3+ gallons of gas in less then 1 hour run time. Damn thats alot of fuel.

Is it possible I smoked a set of plugs already?

yeah im sure they are not 100% from the fuel wash-

what plugs you got? UR5's?

you sure you got that cam sensor in at 25* ATC (after top dead center) ??

thats rotate the flywheel clockwise 25* then set the cam sensor-

just making sure that it is "perfect"

yup...

Did the 1.45" tape on the left side of the timing mark.
Set the edge of the tape to 0* mark on the indicator.
Then turned the cs counterclock wise till the voltage dropped off.
Clamped it down...

I have always done it this way and it worked. Do you really need the tool from Caspers?

Going to work on it a bit tomorrow I'll check it one more time. It runs to smooth for it to be 180* out, just smokes alot.

Can a volt meter be used to check injector pulse? Or do you need a special tool for that? My money is going on a bad injector. Or I screwed the puter up by pluging the DS cable in the wrong way.