well deciding on building a import

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
I been playing around with the idea of building a 96 240sx that I have sitting in the shop. Its got the typical lowered with 18s on it (some kid that thought he could drift be slamming the car and throwing 18s on it owned it before I did) and we rb powered once upon a time till the motor blew sky high..

So been sitting here the past couple nights thinking on how fun it would be to slam a GN motor done in it. I will be buying a FAST XFI for it since I might try to run a stick shift trans with it. I know of the sr and rb series and a few ka motors going up and beyond 500 rwhp.

Im just thinking that it is possible for those trannys to hold up to the power of this motor and with some fine tuning from the fast maybe even last a bit, but if not Ill just slam the auto back in it and see what got from there.

Let me know what you think.

I think you have the right idea, but look into a LS swap insted, especally if you want a 6 speed....

geezus man

your starting to take on more projects than me and Charlie...

and thats noooo good. tied up in 10 vehicles and none of them running right is not any fun.

try to concentrate on one goal... especially if you want a stage 2.

stage 2 will make you or break you.... $$$$$$

A.j.

Throw in a LS motor w/ minor mods, tune, a tranny and here come 10s.

Fun cars that can be a fast sleeper.

geezus man

your starting to take on more projects than me and Charlie...

and thats noooo good. tied up in 10 vehicles and none of them running right is not any fun.

try to concentrate on one goal... especially if you want a stage 2.

stage 2 will make you or break you.... $$$$$$

A.j.

X2 !!! took the words right out of my mouth !! couldn't say it any better!!!:p

Screw a lsx motor I hate them.

I have only 3 projects going right now, 1 is almost done and the other two I havent even started on stage 2 being one of them and the 240 the other one. I might sell the 240sx though kid offered 7k for it with no motor or trans.

Why not put another RB in it? One day I would like to swap a LC2 into my 240. Alot of people are putting LS motors in those cars, you could also go with a 2jz. If someone offered you 7k for a roller, you would be a fool not to sell it.

Screw a lsx motor I hate them.

Ya, you are right... They suck... They make no power... You cant get parts... They offer ZERO dependability... They are expensive and get TERRIBLE gas mileage!!! What is there to like about em? ;)

Why not build a Buick instead of an import. The LSX motors are "The" motor right now, way better than what came in your drifter.

If I wanted to be like everyone else with a ls I would but I dont want one and no I havent lost to one yet

Dsm

Why not build a 4g63 Eagle Talon awd. You can do alot with them and they are fast as hell. Many people going 9s and 10s with them and they are very streetable. There is a huge aftermarket following and the parts are endless unlike the buick.... :eek:

Why not build a 4g63 Eagle Talon awd. You can do alot with them and they are fast as hell. Many people going 9s and 10s with them and they are very streetable. There is a huge aftermarket following and the parts are endless unlike the buick.... :eek:

I have a dsm and have built a few just dont want one thats why Im getting rid of the one I got.