Watchout for the Flex

Love those Flex's!

Unfortunately my lengthy commute is going to limit my next new vehicle to something with super gas mileage. Maybe a Chevy Sonic turbo.... with Alky! Hehehe...

UPDATE!!! New best!!! From last sunday...

Thanks again to Julio!! You systems simply ROCKS!

Insane.. Would love the interview with the losers.. so what happened out there?? :oops:

Was going to have Livernois do my ecoboost F150 , they were getting crazy HP and Torque numbers out of their programmer. But since it's a lease I would rather put the money into the GN. I had a flex before the F150 but wasn't ecoboost. Think after this lease is up I want to get a awd ecoboost Flex. Not happy with the gas mileage out of the F150 right now. It was one of the first built and I still think the computer has it running like a rich pig. but dealer doesn't want to look at it :mad:. Friends that have the same truck are getting 5-6 mpg.

How is the track at Lapeer now a days? last time there I had a wild turkey walk out in front of me in the shut down and was on my motorcycle on a solo run so was able to change lanes and clipped its tail feathers. haven't been back there since

The Ecoboost motor likes nitrous too...
:)

Bigger turbos and a meth kit this winter, 11's this spring?

4DRHTRD, and SCRMING are very popular guys over on the Flex and Ecoboost boards where I hang out now in an effort to learn as much as possible about these amazing new motors!!! Welcome to our community guys, and thanks for the videos!!!

These little motors and drivetrains are so much fun, and the amazing thing about these two guys hotrods that most guys here on the Buick board don't realize is, these 12's (and future 11's) are being run in an AWD chassis that weighs in at just a few #'s under 5,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even more amazing when you think about all the runs these guys have made in the 12's in such heavy cars, and nothing has broken! A testiment to Ford's power train components!

Had my MKT weighed at Bowling Green, right at #5000 (without me in it)! :eek:

GRUMPY; I didn't know you owned an ecoboost Lincoln.... Which one do you have?? I'm having fun with my MKT (Flex's big sister).

JOHNDEEREGN; Glad to see another ecoboost Lincoln in the group!!!

100_0938a.JPG

Someone told me the turbo's are weak on these. Don't know if true or not. Surprised I don't see Precision or Turbonetics making drop in replacements that are bigger

Not so sure if they're weak or not. Ford says they'll easilly last 150,000+. They are on the small side though (garrett GT1548) Replacing them might be quite a task though since the center sections are oiled and water cooled (lots of plumbing).
The turbos on the F150's are much better. Not sure if they're much larger, but they are Borg Warner units that run a 4 bolt divided turbine housing and a few other enhancements that makes them so much better.

Thanks Dave, the car performs like a dream and the quality is top notch. Will post pics asap. ;)