Watchout for the Flex

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member

Never know what an Alky Kit can help do... :D

I'd hate to be one of those Camaro's losing to the brick..

VERY nice. I have always liked the Flex.

I'll bet you are drooling over the Ecoboost and modding them.

So Julio.. playing with these yet ?? Got a Lincoln here with the eco boost .. ;)
Made a few kits for some SHO's then made the kit for this FLEX
Livernois been doing the tuning so guess its getting there
Someone told me the turbo's are weak on these. Don't know if true or not. Surprised I don't see Precision or Turbonetics making drop in replacements that are bigger

If you can find a tuner, I can make the kit :)

Hate to say it, but Ford has their crap together. The only GM I care about is their trucks, still don't like the Fords. The Taurus SHO, Flex, and Mustang have my attention. I told the wife her next car might be a Flex ecoboost. Fun for me too!! Too bad I don't work at a Ford dealer anymore.

Hey Guys! That's my Flex in the video! Just wanted to stop by and tell you what you already know... Julio and the Alky Control system ROCK!!!! I was nervous about doing the kit... but after exchanging a few e-mails with Julio and talking with a couple of very trusted shops, who ONLY recommend Alky Control, I was a lot more comfortable with the idea! And then of course seeing how well the kit works.. well, I'm a firm believer! What a great product! Also have to give a shout out to the folks at Livernois Motorsports for tuning the Flex! They are TOPS when it comes to the EcoBoost!!!!

Couple of pics:

Pump and main tank, located behind front fascia...

pump1.jpg

The small fill tank:

small_tank.jpg

Nozzle

nozzle.jpg

Well hidden...

engine.jpg

Remote controller in the glove box

PAC.jpg

Testing the system! Watch the tach needle!

And finally....

black_white_small.jpg

ran a couple more 12s yesterday... 12.98 and a 12.95.... setup of 2 GoPros... Enjoy! LOL!

Would love to see that drivetrain in the Fusion. The Sho is nice but to big. I like the flex to.

fords ecoboost seems to be a rocking motor! awesome job on the install and wise decision going alky control. I got one a few years ago and picked up 100whp with 5* advance

What else is done to the brick? What boost does it take to make it go 12's @ 107?

That is a mega sleeper. I love it.

What else is done to the brick? What boost does it take to make it go 12's @ 107?

That is a mega sleeper. I love it.

oops.... sorry I missed this! Performance mod list is very short! Livernois tune (peaking about 14 psi), Alky Control kit!!, MRT axle back exhuast... put some TSW wheels on, but not sure they helped as much as I would have thought... and that's it!!!

Ok... So like most of the country it's HOT here!!! But ended up going to the track yesterday anyways!!! Was 90 degrees when I ran with a DA of 3455!!! That is really HIGH for us flatlanders here in Michigan! But no fear, Alky Control to keep things COOL!!! I ran a couple of 13.1s!!! Also got one nice little viddy...

The EcoBoost & Alky Control combo continues so shock people! Who would ever think they would see this: