Watch "GN 249ci at idle" on YouTube

A motor plate is put on a motor to keep it from shifting or moving as we are pushing power on it. Motors flex and stress under pressure.. A motor plate will keep it more stable. And yes the purpose of the tubing is to dissipitate heat from the transducer.

A motor plate is put on a motor to keep it from shifting or moving as we are pushing power on it. Motors flex and stress under pressure.. A motor plate will keep it more stable. And yes the purpose of the tubing is to dissipitate heat from the transducer.
Would this be the same as a block girdle?
If I had the money and not a T-Top I too would want to have Don Cruz be the builder
I have heard and read about his impressive workmanship and his very fast TR .
As I mention before, when all is complete posts some track video(y)

Guys, I'm sorry I don't actually know the info.. I got the motor built by Don Cruz. Getting info from him is like trying to sell Ice to an Eskimo. I just told him I wanted something that would make some serious power and be a TRUE contender if not the BEST in TSM. I spent an absorbant amount with him over 16k. For a couple grand more I could have built a TA block. All I know is he delivered. This motor got tuned by Cal. Made some VERY serious power at a very moderate 24.6psi. This thing picked up almost 49hp per pound pushed on it, and it didn't miss a blip. The true secret to the success is giving Cal all the components he needed to get the data he needed to push the motor without hurting it. If I would have pushed 30psi, I wouldn't doubt it would have given me in the mid to high 900hp to the wheels... I didn't because i wasn't prepared to push it that hard. Being forthwright, I was scared I would break the block. I am currently working on putting a motor plate on this car so I can push it to 30-35psi. It doesn't guaranteee it won't break, I just will feel a little better doing it. I hope you guys can appreciate what I'm telling you. I will tell you I didn't take any shortcuts on anything.[/QUOT
Guys, I'm sorry I don't actually know the info.. I got the motor built by Don Cruz. Getting info from him is like trying to sell Ice to an Eskimo. I just told him I wanted something that would make some serious power and be a TRUE contender if not the BEST in TSM. I spent an absorbant amount with him over 16k. For a couple grand more I could have built a TA block. All I know is he delivered. This motor got tuned by Cal. Made some VERY serious power at a very moderate 24.6psi. This thing picked up almost 49hp per pound pushed on it, and it didn't miss a blip. The true secret to the success is giving Cal all the components he needed to get the data he needed to push the motor without hurting it. If I would have pushed 30psi, I wouldn't doubt it would have given me in the mid to high 900hp to the wheels... I didn't because i wasn't prepared to push it that hard. Being forthwright, I was scared I would break the block. I am currently working on putting a motor plate on this car so I can push it to 30-35psi. It doesn't guaranteee it won't break, I just will feel a little better doing it. I hope you guys can appreciate what I'm telling you. I will tell you I didn't take any shortcuts on anything.

When I had my motor built by RPE through J. Cotton, all I asked for was horsepower potential. I trusted people who knew a lot more then I did and will ever know. When I asked what cam was in it, I was told "the right one for what you want". After that, I realized it didn't matter.

I trusted them because of a proven track record of building high-output reliable Buick V6 motors. I paid a lot of money for their expertise. After that, all I wanted to know was if I needed to get them anything. Maybe a coffee?

If anything goes wrong with my motor and it happens to be under the valve covers or above the oil pan I leave it to the experts. All the rest of the crap is my problem. And sometimes I wish I had sub-contracted that too!

My experience is based on my history with one car. Not the combined knowledge from hundreds of cars.

I agree with leaving certain tasks to the pros. And I also didn't take any shortcuts.