Wa are our options for crankshafts lately???

Skids

It appears everyone is out of cranks.........what's up? Does anyone make a balanced rotating assembly these days?:confused:

Cranks

We have 3.400 stroke narrow journal , 3.625 wide journal . and 3.750
stroke in stock on the shelf . We can do complete rotating assemblies also.

While at PRI, spoke with Eagle. Eagle stated that they might come back out with the forged crank again. They stated that Cat ruined the market hence the reason they stopped selling their crank. Since Cat is gone, they might start up production again. Eagle cranks are forged in China and finished here in the USA.

The other options are finding a BMS version, billet or someone that has one on their shelf.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

While at PRI, spoke with Eagle. Eagle stated that they might come back out with the forged crank again. They stated that Cat ruined the market hence the reason they stopped selling their crank. Since Cat is gone, they might start up production again. Eagle cranks are forged in China and finished here in the USA.

If they were finished in the USA then why are the dimensions the same as the cat,early BA cranks? I guess if you consider polishing a final finish then
OK. As there are no forgings left it may be a while before that happens .

I second that Chris. Give Dan a call, he'll take care of you and remember he is a machinist and he can make whatever you need work.

V6gofast If they were finished in the USA then why are the dimensions the same as the cat said:
Dan, Just curious..... What kind of difference in dimensions were you seeing between the CAT, Eagle and the BMS cranks?? I remember having to get a different crank key for my Eagle and also some .001 over bearings to get the clearances right but that was it. Can you share some of your findings with us?? Thanks, Jeremy:smile:

TA has some stock stroke cranks & also know of several stroker cranks that are available. PM me for more info.