Volt light

IrvJr

Started flashing under boost. No other time, just around 10 psi and up. Checked volts with car at idle (13.8) and off (12.5). So slipping belt? I am open for suggestions.

Thanks, Scott

Scott,
Ok ,Check alt output at WOT with either a meter or maybe DS if it can catch it. Then you need to check all of the battery wires, the feed wire behind the alternator and all the connections at the starter. Pull the looming off to check closely.

The battery conn looked loose, but i havent had time to mess with it. I have someone who can ride with me and check my voltage on DS while i drive. The battery cable isnt hitting the exhaust though.

OK, had someone read the DS while i was driving. The voltage starts to dip as soon as i hit the gas, but it didnt go below 12.9. Is that low enough to cause the light to go on. At stop lights it sits at 13v til i start accellerating, then it goes to 14v. So, the alt is a new 200amp unit, and the battery is about 5 years old. My guess would be have the battery tested.

It was the battery. After having it tested under load, the amps just kept creeping lower. So i replaced the battery, and will test drive it tomorrow and verify.