various ALKY pump test results inside for general FYI

Warp6

Mine since '92
I tested a new ALKY Control pump a while ago and posted my findings here. I can't seem to locate them on the site. Having seen multiple questions about pressures and voltage I figured I'd post this up again
pump psi vs boost intial.jpg
pump psi vs boost vs PAC setting.jpg
voltage tests.jpg

Attachments

• pump psi vs boost vs PAC setting.jpg
    pump psi vs boost vs PAC setting.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 13
  • voltage tests.jpg
    voltage tests.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 15
I just installed the New, New style pump and New style switch as my Old, Old style pump/switch leaked upon performing a test using the tester. Julio was very helpful. The one thing I learned today was when the new style is replacing the old style pump and switch needed to be moved on the Initial dial from 11 o'clock to get the light to go from red to green when the car is running. I could not get my light to go from red to green until I adjusted this. I have a tester and was able to reach the proper pressure without leaks but the new switch and pump would not work with the previous PAC setting. It did not matter what the gain was set to as the light would not go green until I adjusted the Initial dial under the dash to the 1 o'clock position. I could tell a difference immediately in the performance of the new style pump compared to my older, rebuilt model...maybe because of where I moved the Initial too :)

When you say New Pump is this a new OLD style pump or NEW New style pump.
When you say New Pump is this a new OLD style pump or NEW New style pump.
Man, I honestly don't know if it's a new style or not. I don't know the difference. The tested pump was installed February 2021. Can you show me what the old style looks like?

Under the dash, at three wires on PAC controller - red/white/black - black is a hot wire

Probe the black wire, and test with a voltmeter. One lead goes to black wire, one goes to ground

Key on, the black wire should read car voltage which should be about 12.5v. Turn controller knob to 8 and press test button. There should be a 4 to 4.5 volt drop

My bad pump went from 12.5v to 4.2v. It should have gone down to 8-8.5 volts. Bad pump

My understanding is the old pump itself has two white wires coming out near the bottom of it. New model has a small screw at the bottom and the new style switch is black and installed in engine compartment between reservoir and nozzle.

I just installed the New, New style pump and New style switch as my Old, Old style pump/switch leaked upon performing a test using the tester. Julio was very helpful. The one thing I learned today was when the new style is replacing the old style pump and switch needed to be moved on the Initial dial from 11 o'clock to get the light to go from red to green when the car is running. I could not get my light to go from red to green until I adjusted this. I have a tester and was able to reach the proper pressure without leaks but the new switch and pump would not work with the previous PAC setting. It did not matter what the gain was set to as the light would not go green until I adjusted the Initial dial under the dash to the 1 o'clock position. I could tell a difference immediately in the performance of the new style pump compared to my older, rebuilt model...maybe because of where I moved the Initial too :)
Juilo is the best, its time to send my pump in for a rebuild too.
I did find the Boost Juice is good for storage in the ALKY system when the car is not being driven .Pump is 5 years old and test 150 psi, no leaks.
And boost just is excellent glass cleaner for my readers too.