Vacuum setup...

The Brass COMBINATION valve is supposed to be better from what I have read. Apparently, there was a recall of some sort a while back.

I have it (brass combination valve) in my GN and very soon in the T-Type (still sitting in box).

Ah sh8t... do I order one? Is it hard to change later? Well, so far it's been working...so no need to change yet...Thanks for all the help guys...

I believe it was a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) that was issued for the aluminum proportioning valve failing due to corrosion.

the fix was IIRC, to properly maintain the brake system (flush out the old crap regularly) or to replace the aluminum unit with the replacement brass one...

IMHO, if it works, dont mess with it...

Thanks Rob. One more thing. Are all the vacuum check valves for the Monte vacuum canisters all the same? And do I need that before I can check the vacuum booster?

the check valve should be same for all GM... got one on the S10 if you need

Thanks Rob, but Stew dropped off the check valve that came with the original booster. It also had a canister looking thing attached to it. Is that a filter? Can't wait for tomorrow to get the TTA block. Thanks for all the help guys.

Not yet, the car needs to be movable... is that even a word? Yeah, TTA block tomorrow. Did I mention that??? Woo-hoo!!!

A big MAHALO>

Put it in..only took about 3.5 hrs. Not bad at all. Just gotta bleed it now. Thanks for all the help all.