Upgrading need help plz

blackbetty85gn

hey everybody thinking bout upgrading my turbo to cotton's te44 was wondering which wastegate to use. Ive have heard amazing things bout tial bur wanted yalls opinion.
Thanks
Chris

On a hot air a ta33 is ideal for a step up and is a direct bolt on. Other turbo's can be used but will have clearance issues or need a little custom work to fit properly. If your still on stock bottom, heads, cam, injectors, and tc I recommend you stick to the ta33.

On a hot air a ta33 is ideal for a step up and is a direct bolt on. Other turbo's can be used but will have clearance issues or need a little custom work to fit properly. If your still on stock bottom, heads, cam, injectors, and tc I recommend you stick to the ta33.
Well cant stick wit the turbo i hav now cuse my turbo is busted its pouring out blue smoke evrytime i give the car hell on the road. So i thought since its a hotair car ill put in n intercooler n upgrade turbo to a 44 or 49

I dont recommend adding a intercooler to a hot air. It can turn into an expensive nightmare to do with little result. If you car is stock stick to the stock turbo and 10 lbs of boost. If you plan on going faster or racing in the future buy the TA-33. I hope you have a knock gauge or scanmaster installed or your car will be giving you hell in a very short time.

I appreciate the input shawn but i dont see the point of sending my broken turbo in to hav it rebuilt by limit for about $800 ( from what i have read) when i culd possibly do an intercooler n bigger turbo for mayb $500 more if i search enough.

Bison is the turbo guy here and he's far cheaper ($300 less) than LE. One year warranty on his work also. You could buy a shiny new ta33 for that boss.

Last edited:
Bison () is the turbo guy here and he's far cheaper ($300 less) than LE. One year warranty on his work also. You could buy a shiny new ta33 for that boss.
Id erase his number from the thread and use one of his links instead to contact or PM..

Last edited:
i have run a best of 11.92 at 112 on my ta 33 at the track. and it is stupid fast on the street.. you probably will not gain anything on a stock hot air going bigger.

I have a 84 GN that I converted to I/C and have no regrets. Not cheap but way more power. Parts are available if you are patient.
Conrad