Upate TA Block

NJTurbo

Simply The Best
I see they are making alot of progress with the block. I was just wondering how many of you guys are switching over, or how many guys are selling their stage stuff to attack this project. :confused:

Njturbo, I seriously doubt there are many (if any) guys with Stage II motors and parts that plan on switching over until the TA block is out and tested with good results cause they would have a lot of money to lose if the TA motors did not work out.... This is the reasoning I can see behind many guys with Stage II motors being skeptical of how well it will work out with the TA block because keep in mind M&A tried this years ago from what I heard with an aluminum block and it didn't work out! Most of the guys with Stage II motors are thinking that there is a good chance that there will be problems with it and are not willing to take a chance.... I don't have a Stage II motor so I'm not skeptical and I think with guys like Nick Micale and Kenny Duttweiler who are putting their names and reputations on this product (the TA Aluminum block as well as the heads) as well as TA Performance, who is well known for making high quality performance parts for Buicks and other Muscle cars, there won't be any problems! Another thing the skeptical Stage II guys need to realize is that there was a LOT of R&D (research and development) put into this block which included guys that are involved with Top Fuel engine building (the Top Fuel racers that make 7,000 HP use aluminum blocks) so IMHO they have done their homework and it should be a good product for us Buick V6 racers!

Just my honest opinion on this topic:)

I was just wondering as i have seen some guys in parts for sale selling their S2 block. One guy even admitts he his steping into the TA project. Kinda gets me thinking. However you have some good points. I too beleive it will be some time to see true track tested data. :)

I buy Stage II stuff cheap !!

Guy's,

Since the TA aluminum block is now in production I'll be glad to take any of those old cast iron Stage II boat anchors off your hands. Keep in mind since this stuff is old technology there will have to be a deep discount. Anyone looking to offload Stage II blocks cheap please e-mail me! ;)

Neal

Lets think about this for just a minute. Buick did alot of research and developement on the Stage 1 and Stage 2 blocks before they arrived at the last On Center 153 6 bolt version. I'll bet they broke ALOT of stuff on the dynos and the track during development. They obviously made alot of changes in the blocks. Have you ever seen two S2 blocks that were identical?

I applaud Mike T. for his committment to the Block project. Nobody else could get it done. But I beleive they will go through a few growing pains before the kinks are worked out. Heck, It took Buick quite a while to develop the S2 program. And I don't think anybody will dispute that the last S2 blocks/engines were certainly better/stronger than the first.

Just my opinion.
DR

I agree with turbodave, hats off to Mike T and others for getting it done but I will wait till some are put together and run and evaluated before I plunk down $3500.

Just my opinon.

Happy Holidays.

TA BLOCK

That guy njturbo is talking about is me. I dont think TA would waste all that time and money for *** nothing! The idea of losing 60-65 lbs in my open wheeler blows my mind. I think its worth a try!:) :)

Re: TA BLOCK

Originally posted by indyrich07
That guy njturbo is talking about is me. I dont think TA would waste all that time and money for *** nothing! The idea of losing 60-65 lbs in my open wheeler blows my mind. I think its worth a try!:) :)

Good Luck:) i have to admitt i have thought about it. ;)

Indyrich07, got any pics of your car? If so I would really like to see some:cool:

Good luck with the TA motor!:)

Later.

NJ,

I bet you'll do it...I know you...get your deposits in now, though.

500 for the block, 200 for heads holds a set for YOU.

(Get the Bat for the tranny, too.)

Do it, & don't look back!

HTH :) :)

Its kinda hard to go with ths block if get lucky and find a complete stage 2 motor for $2800;) . I was able to use block, crank, rods, heads and the lifters were brand new. I think the motor is gonna work, but how many of us are going to need more power han what a stage block can handle?? Of the stage 2 failures, how many were because of the block? I'm sure if these blocks were $2000 they would sell a ton more, it would make the choice between a 2k stage motor, and a TA block alot easier:) .

Another ? I have ...Is a V-6 crank any weaker than a bigger v-8 crank? Is there more stress on a crank producing 2000 hp in a V-6 as compared to a V-8?? , and can a V-6 crank handle 2500hp?

TA block

I dont have a digital camera yet, Everytime I get a little cash I blow it on the racecar :eek: Maybe santa will get me one this X-mas;) I"ll see if I can get some pics posted soon.

Originally posted by Two Lane
NJ,

I bet you'll do it...I know you...get your deposits in now, though.

500 for the block, 200 for heads holds a set for YOU.

(Get the Bat for the tranny, too.)

Do it, & don't look back!

HTH :) :)

I hear you.... i wanna get this project done first, then maybe i will pick one up for a spare engine. I would hate to have to think that my brain would take over my checking account at this point to switch combo's. It has been a long road just to get my combo and these parts together. It figures though that the TA block is almost done, just another little demon sitting on my shoulders. Do it, Do it, Do it. Like i do not have enough on my plate with all the money i have spent and research i have had to due. :)