turbotweak rocks.

turbo grey

Just wanted to let every one know that i recievd my chip yesterday from Eric Mashall at Turbotweak.I must admit that a few people told me I was nuts running 83#inj and a factory ecm,and I was starting to worry myself,but that all changed when I fired the car for the first time yesterday.
Incredible.the idle characteristics,part and wot are all unbelievable.I'm so pleased that I just had to come on here and let everyone out there know how good his chip worked for me.
It runs better than my 55's,my 42's,and stockers.no bull.
thanks.

Good to hear that, I may have to eventually step up from 55s also. Is there a reason you went with the 83s instead of the 72s?

I'll also throw in the comment that Erics street chip with 55s also works great with the progressive alky kit, and I haven't even tuned it much yet.

he burned some chips for a buddy with the new 60"s. idles like a stocker. car runs hard! hes a geneous.

Eric is great to deal with and his chips produce excellent results. I really like the ability to have chips reburned to fine tune the parameters for your particular car. He's even willing to do new chips when you upgrade parts like turbo, injectors, etc. All during the one year period for the initial $75. Great was to get the best chip for your car.

What benefit would i gain for switchin to on of Eric's chips? I've heard only good things about these Turbotweak chips. I currently run a Red Armstrong 93 chip with my 009's and i've had it so long i can't really compare it to anything but my car does run good. Sooner or later i'll be upgrading injectors.

I had to comment on this thread. Eric's burned a few for me too, including one where he rode the car with me, observed characteristics, and custom built it. I've talked with him a fair bit about the process, and he really IS a genius at this. His chips are already great, with specific compensations put in for weak spots in the design of the program, the sensors, and how we choose to run our cars. And I really think he's just getting started - I expect to see things from him that nobody has even considered doing, simply because he's creative and not willing to be boxed in by current capabilities or ways things are done.

In short, trying one of his chips is well worth the small investment.

He did spot one thing when I worked with him - I had a MAF that only ranged to about 200 output. It was working with a Red's chip, but wasn't making the power it should have. Eric's design didn't like it, and while he could have chosen to compensate for the shortcoming of the hardware (which is what I suspect many do) Eric strongly advised that I replace the MAF, which I did. The new chip just brought the car alive then. No comparison between

new MAF/Red's
new MAF/TurboTweak

So when I switched to the LS1 MAF, I'm now assured of stability of MAF output to keep the whole system where it's happy.