Turbosmart E-boost 40 Psi?

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
Anybody tried one of these....??

Looks like a fairly robust gauge type boost controller... similar to the AEM in another thread.......that can read in PSI unlike allot of the japanese ones.... and has 3 selectable boost settings that can be electronically triggered... by grounding or removing ground from two different wires....and a tweakable gate pressure setting that holds the wastegate closed longer..... allowing for quicker spoolup... similar to a RJC boost controller.... except this is all electronic....

Looks fairly promising for a street car.... that has aspirations of racing at the track occasionally.

Just curious if anyone here had tried one.... or seen one in person.....

A quick search (after I started this thread) found this thread:

TurboSmart Thread

Anybody tried one of these....??

Looks like a fairly robust gauge type boost controller... similar to the AEM in another thread.......that can read in PSI unlike allot of the japanese ones.... and has 3 selectable boost settings that can be electronically triggered... by grounding or removing ground from two different wires....and a tweakable gate pressure setting that holds the wastegate closed longer..... allowing for quicker spoolup... similar to a RJC boost controller.... except this is all electronic....

Looks fairly promising for a street car.... that has aspirations of racing at the track occasionally.

Just curious if anyone here had tried one.... or seen one in person.....

A quick search (after I started this thread) found this thread:

TurboSmart Thread

Looks Great!! I would love to hear some feedback on it!

I have one and I love it, although I am still figuring out all of the functions. I mounted it on the a-pillar which is good for the driver but I worry about someone doing a "smash and grab". Probably going to get a vinyl overlay to cover it when it is parked. I do love the adjustments you can do, especially the one for wastegate signal. Slow boost build for the street to keep traction in line, then fast spool for the track.

they work great, I have used them. right now my other car has an aem and that has been great as well

they work great, I have used them. right now my other car has an aem and that has been great as well

Does the AEM have different stages that can be triggered electrically... with a ground.. or 12v?

I want to be able to do that... with some creativly placed micro switches... or maybe using the tranny pressure switches inside the tranny at the different gear changes....

i want to say the aem will do 3 stages but I dont remember, I have it as 2. its on a fwd car so it makes 7 psi on first and second and 20 psi in third and fourth, I like the aem a lot, and usually prefer to use their stuff if possible

i want to say the aem will do 3 stages but I dont remember, I have it as 2. its on a fwd car so it makes 7 psi on first and second and 20 psi in third and fourth, I like the aem a lot, and usually prefer to use their stuff if possible

What do you trigger stage 2 with?

I want a 8 lb+ launch boost.... then upper 20's on boost....thru the end of second gear... then scale back to say 25 psi for the remainder of the run....

at first I used a dash switch, not its wired to an output from the AEM EMS in the car and triggers from the speed sensor. an AEM can determine gear so I can configure it to that also.

The turbosmart controllers seemed to be pretty big when I was in Australia back in 04'. A lot of the Skyline, WRX, and Supra guys used them and they sounded like a nice piece of tech. I was going to get one to put on my car before they were distributed here but it didn't make sense financially at the time.

If I remember right, they are made in australia. So, thats prob. why.
I've had mine for a couple of years now and love it. Its got 3 set points for boost. When you crank your car it reverts back to the 1st (valet) setting every time. No one can jump in and tear something up. If your driving around you can go from valet to all out race with the push of a button after you have your other two settings locked in. I've messed around with the wastegate settings for spool up and havn't really noticed much difference. Its pretty easy to use and i bought it because its the only one at the time that I found that mounted in a pillar pod. It does differ from the boost reading on my fast system about 1 lb though.

They are an awesome piece indeed. Very nice stuff, and they also make a 60psi and 120psi model as well. Though I doubt anyone here will need that much boost. :D

Turbosmart East is a stocking wholesaler. Also turbosmartonline.com as well.