Turbos gaining popularity over hybrids

People are crying that they will have to use premium in a turbocharged engine. Hello? E85 to the rescue! The eco-maniacs will have to find something else to complain about.

What puzzles me is, why don't they create (say) a 1/2 liter turbocharged engine that drives a generator? Spool-up wouldn't matter, yet the little engine should have plenty of torque to drive a fairly beefy generator. I'm inclined to think that it would minimize the need for batteries, lightening the car as well. Someone take my idea and run with it!

People are crying that they will have to use premium in a turbocharged engine. Hello? E85 to the rescue! The eco-maniacs will have to find something else to complain about.

E85 is not the answer by any means. Small displacement turbo diesels are where it's at.

I pulled 27mpg in my wrx cruising to work. I dont bitch about putting premium in it getting that kind of mileage...hard part is keeping your foot out of it.

I wish E85 was available here in NH, unfortunately it was BANNED by the legislature here b/c they believe it's just a ploy by the current president for alternative energy. I don't even think it can be sold by race tracks for "off road" use. I'd love to try it out in my T.:confused: