Turbomotion

Twins

Wanna Trade Eyeglasses ?
I'll try to keep this short.

In June I decide I'm too lazy to tune my car any faster so parts are the way to go. After days of debating between the easily affordable V1 or the no summer vacation priced V2 (Not unreasonable for what you get just more than I had when the speed bug hit) I decide on the former.

After removing the turbo I find more shaft play than I feel is safe so off to PTE with the 9k mile 33.

A month later the turbo arrives and after assembly the car will not build more than 3-4 psi against the brakes. Nocooler spends hours and hours trying to figure out the problem (thanks again dude :cool: ) the wastegate puck is determined to be the culprit.

While the turbo is coming off again I call Jay for some advice....he tells me that with the new V3 out I would be much better off with the new design, and it eliminates the damn O-ring.

After offering a great deal to all V1 owners I agree to go with the V3, fully expecting to send the V1 in for the mods. Jay tells me he will be finishing up a V3 that day and that he will send it out ASAP, maybe I can make one more trip to the track before it closes for winter.

What a class act. All Hot-Air owners should be happy we have a vendor putting out such great products, and following it up with this kind of service.

Now if PTE can make it happen this time, look out for a fairly stock Hot-Air running 12's.

Thanks again Jay I was about done with this car for this year and spend the fall working out the spray on my Caprice. Looks like the LT1 gets upstaged by the GN again.:D

Dude - Let me know as soon as it is running, I wann check that V3 out. Maybe your mechanic will get the vacuum lines right this time too. :rolleyes:

The cold is finally letting up after 5 days.... :D

So maybe this week I'll feel good enough to work on my car, and get it back to Swain's.

Jeremy

Hey, this is exactly what I am talking about when I say support your vendors. Jay goes out of his way for hotairs...let's face it this is a limited market. Bravo Jay

I plan to pull mine off when we pull the motor and send it in for the v-3 conversion. the deal Jay gave me was great. I did run a 12.81 at 104 mph at milan with the 85 this weekend. If the header gasket hadn't went I would of had a couple more passes, but the exhaust leak was a concern. I did do a 12.95 though. We are trying to replace everything and put it back on and see what the final slip will be. Now next year new tranny fully functional and this car should rock. It was cool wasting a couple IC cars then having them realize I did it with a hot air. Next year 11's for sure. Can't wait to get my new v-3 and see what that improves. Should be a good season in 2002. :cool: ;)

everyone seems to be praising the V3, and I have no doubt that Jay is the man, but...the real question is "How Much?!?"

If you do a search he tells you how much I think it was 450.00 if you have your own and he has to convert it. If you have the v1 and want to upgrade to the v3 email him (do a search to find his address) and he will be more then happy to tell you how much to do yours. I did and he emailed me right away.

Sorry guys i'm new...what is V1,V2 and V3?

High guys,
I'm interested in hearing about what you guys are doing with Hot Airs but don't understand the terminology of V1, V2 and V3. Could some please elaborate? Thanks, NathAn

info

Jay,need info on this v-3 .I think i was one of the first to buy your v-1
. Please e-mail me on this buddy or call a.j.

ta49,v-1 intake,atr-up-down-pipe-exhaust,adj fuel reg.
37 delfis-chip,9 in art carr conv.
cold air kit,adj wastgate,spools up REAL nice.

Hey A.J.-
The fire I had a couple of months ago used all my notes and phone numbers as food so give me a call so I can update my files and go over the V3 with you.
jay

Re: Sorry guys i'm new...what is V1,V2 and V3?

Originally posted by WH1Driver
High guys,
I'm interested in hearing about what you guys are doing with Hot Airs but don't understand the terminology of V1, V2 and V3. Could some please elaborate? Thanks, NathAn

V1 - Original high flow hot air intake. Everything located in the stock location.

V2 - Heavily modified intake with relocated throttle body and intercooler mounted in the stock '86-'87 location.

V3 - Heavily modified intake with relocated throttle body, but without an intercooler.

Re: Re: Sorry guys i'm new...what is V1,V2 and V3?

Originally posted by mike85gn

V3 - Heavily modified intake with relocated throttle body, but without an intercooler.

Check your notes.....Twins told me that the T/B stays in the same spot and the turbo is clocked forward 90* and attached with a i/c style hose.

V3

So with all this "V" business you are porting and polishing i assume? Is there more to it? What modifications are made to provide for intercooler pipes? This is very interesting, could someone please elaborate. Regards, NathAn

Jay basically cuts the intakes apart emtpy's all the b.s. and puts them back together, and finish ports them.

Someone has to have some pic's of these bad boy's.

The stock intak takes in the air runs it through th e bottom of the intake, and then squeezes it thriugh a passageup into a port floor, and then into the runners. Jay cuts out the whole center of the intake, welds in a new port floorand adds a doghouse like top to the intake, he also opens upp the runners to promote flow. AS far as the V, it is for version ie. aol v4.0. The above is for V2, as far as intercooler pipes, they are lightweight aluminum tubes welded togather on angles to make the correct path. I know mandrels would be better, but steel would be heavy, and this aluminum is super lightweight. It feel like styrofoam weight.

Hey Jay...did your website move...cause turbomotion.com is a different website to the one that you had?!?