Turbo Neon

DeltaT

I ran into a low-key Neon on 280 tonight - no wing, no badges, but he had 3 glowing gauges on his A-pillar. I looked for the twin pipes of the SRT-4, but he had one big one on the left. I gave him a rev, then he gave me a thumbs up. We waited a little for a clear road, then I hammered it. I couldn't hear anything over my motor, but he wasn't fading as fast as I expected, so he had something beefy in there.

I had just played around with my fuel map and shift points, so it stays in 3rd now until 6400rpm at WOT. The second time we went I just kept it buried and watched the AFR and Safeguard Monitor until I was at maybe 140 (I need a speedo that goes above 85...). He was only 1/4mile back. When he pulled up he gave me a thumbs up, then I got off to turn around and come home.

Fun night!

Jim

good kill! a couple of weeks ago i was on the highway heading home from the magazine shop when i ran into a neon srt-4 club(about 10 of um) anyways i bait them by running next to their formation and boosting it a bit to see if any were game. so i pulled ahead of them in the middle lane when two came flying up on me. a yellow one to my left and a black one on my right. i motioned for them to go, and the did, so i gunned it a second later and destroyed them both. it was very fun.

Good kill man, If you run into the right one, it will give you a good run. I have an 04 SRT-4 with an upgraded turbo and the supporting mods. On the track I couldnt get a low time but it traped at 120+. On the street they are dangerous. Just race them from a dig and you will be fine.. :)

Nice kill....I raced one on the street, I gave it like 3 cars and launched, needless to say I smoked it by like 5-8 cars. nice little cars though.