turbo leaking oil on exhaust side

obrut

My car has been sitting for a few years, only had a chance to start it here and there. I always discounted the ecm and cranked it to build some oil pressure before starting it. I started working on it recently, suspension and brakes, I've been starting it up and moving it and driving it around the block a lot in the last few days.

I noticed today after I moved it to the other side of the garage that the turbo was leaking oil on the exhaust side. At first I thought it was leaking from the oil return but it looks like its leaking out of the turbo exhaust side. Its leaks out of the area where the center section bolts to the exhaust side housing. It runs down the turbo onto the flange that connect to the exhaust manifold. This was a new turbo from precision turbo, it has about 250 miles on it but its about 5 years old. Is this from sitting or am I looking at have the turbo rebuilt again?

Tim

Have you double checked the gasket for the return line?

If oil is getting out of the turbo near the wheels (Intake or exhaust side) it sounds like it is time for a rebuild.