Turbo ID?

GN Junkie

Hey guys,

Just bought a TR and the previous owner didn't know anything about the turbo just that it's a precision. First one to guess wins a prize of unspeakable value

e8u4u7uz.jpg
ymygazed.jpg
pe9adyga.jpg
be4u2y4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to pull the covers off and measure the blades.
I'll make a guess tho. 67mm compressor wheel 66mm turbine so 6766:)

The car is a mystery, sounds like I'll have to remove the turbo figured as much. It's supposedly a built stroker with champion aluminum heads so I'm hoping for a high end turbo but who knows maybe it was swapped out before sale.

It is a ceramic ball bearing turbo. Pull the inlet pipe and take a picture of the compressor wheel.

That appears to be a stock turbo... maybe a ta-49

Trolling session complete

I'm positive that's no TA-49 or any other stock appearing turbo but can't offer much help other than that...:(

Check the inside of the compressor outlet for a model # stamp. 2nd measure the blades.

The car is a mystery, sounds like I'll have to remove the turbo figured as much. It's supposedly a built stroker with champion aluminum heads so I'm hoping for a high end turbo but who knows maybe it was swapped out before sale.

Looks like good turbo to me. At minimum it's a low 10sec capable turbo. Cant see going any smaller than 62mm if it is a stroker.

Look on the little flat area where the bolt heads are on the shiney pressure side, the should be like 3 letters, dash 2 numbers.. ( for instance cce-44) looks like my turbo