Turbo for stage 2

1dmbth

I am in the process of getting my stage 2 engine together. I am using stage 2 heads, converted stage 2 intake manifold. I have an ATR downpipe with integral wastegate. Precision front mount. I want to keep the car streetable.
What turbo would you guys recommend.

If your talking flywheel HP that turbo will do it with ease,If your talking Rear wheel,It may take a bit more turbo.
The Turbo above is available in non BB also.THe "R" means its BB,But the BB option runs about 1000 more.

I ran The Precsion 76GTS last year and it was a great turbo with around the 1000 flywheel hp

What are you using for headers..... by integral DP, do you mean one for a stock type wastegate..?

If youre going to use the new gt42 series turbo,go with forcedinductions.com,Jose will hook you up and hes a straight honest shooter.If looking at Turbonetics or Innovative BB's,give Jack call. :cool:

With a stage 2 headed car,I dont believe he will be using a downpipe with an integral wastegate,Unless he adapts to a 3 bolt turbo.I dont think there is a 3 bolt turbo that I would put on a stage 2 headed car unless he want to run a PTE 3 bolt 88.

I am talking flywheel horsepower(800-1000). The downpipe I have now is the stock style wastegate ATR 3". If I have to change I will. I was planning on running ATR Stage 2 headers but out of luck there. I don't know what I am going to do for headers at this point I guess I'll have to get someone to make me some.

I am also looking for another turbo for stage 2 setup. I already have a GT4276R turbo (for TSL, thanks Cal), but am looking for a bigger turbo for that in case I run TSO. Otto/Jack what do you recommend?

1dmbth said:
I am talking flywheel horsepower(800-1000). The downpipe I have now is the stock style wastegate ATR 3". If I have to change I will. I was planning on running ATR Stage 2 headers but out of luck there. I don't know what I am going to do for headers at this point I guess I'll have to get someone to make me some.

Here is an option for a turbo, this is the new Turbonetics Super T, you could also step up to a Y2K, these are Ball Bearing turbos, or I also like the GT42R, excellent turbo we have been using and selling these for a couple of years now. Try this link

http://turboneticsinc.com/turbo_supert.htm

PHP:
Our new Super T-Series are for the highest performing street or race cars and those needing that extra effency edge. Ideal for high boost pressures 25+ and from 700-1000HP, these turbos provide the most power possible in the T4 family. Available with both the NEW "SL - Surge Limiting" Compressor Housing and Turbonetics signature ASME Bell inlet, this line of turbos combines the highest effency compressor wheels and housings specifically designed for your application. These units also feature our Pro Comp Q, a 10-bladed, high flow Inconel turbine wheel. Fits traditional T4 flanges.

The GTS76 from PTE i used last year spooled awesome,Ask Jeff Rand he bought it and loves it.Easily give you your goal, Had incredilbe street manners for a non ball bearing unit,and with my convertor was easily raceable on a pro-tree.That would be my best recommendation,The GT42 is great,but will require intercooler pipe mods also,and is a heavy turbo also,But i am running one this year :)