TURBO DRAGSTER at BG ?????

if you guys can make it out to Ohio in August that would be great....i don't know the names but 2 are definetly going to be there....you can caontact Chris Lyons or Lawrence Conelly at The Buick Performance Group for more info

Good looking ride !!!! Ive considered putting a stage II twin on my car for kick and giggles. I wish I had have made it up for that. Good Luck !!!! Here's my junk from last years shake downs. Saturday

Dragster and Turbos do go well together :biggrin: :biggrin: We are running gas still and very low timing. Cant afford to hurt this thing the parts availability for the Olds is is very bare bones to say the least. We have been 4.20 at 174 to the 1/8th with the car. Next outting Im bumping the timing and hitting the boost hard to shoot for the 4.0's that should put me right where I want to be.
The motor is a 397 inch Small Block Oldsmobile with a bore of 4.130 and a 3.700 stroke with antique Batten heads :rolleyes: :rolleyes: In the next year I will have a new race head that we have been working with that will really wake things up abit :wink:

that sounds great we ran gas for a while and we ran a 4.16 @ 170. we switched to alky and still are tunning it. we have seen a bit of promisisng ruselts from the alky but we know we are still not where we want to be with it. we got a 4.12 @ 165 with e the alky. we burnt a couple plugs on that pass. we were running the old fast efi so we couldn't really see what we were doing. we were tunning it like mechanical fuel injection. so in the winter we went to an xfi and we seem to be getting a good handle on the tune up we are still a bit gun shy from the plugs melting. so we are trying to be safe. in BG we had a good tune up but it just lifted the head and that ended are weekend short. im hoping for some 4.0s myself but its just never easy. those numbers just get harder to get. and as far as parts we are in a similar situation buick stage 2 stuff is starting to get rare. im confident we can get some 4.0s out of the thing but i think that will be my limits. and for that i need perfect track and the perfect day. well boss got run let me know more about your car, have you guys had problems with tire shake?

Attachments

• launch.jpg
    launch.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,180
  • 101_0451-vi.jpg
    101_0451-vi.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 2,241
Dragster and Turbos do go well together :biggrin: :biggrin: We are running gas still and very low timing. Cant afford to hurt this thing the parts availability for the Olds is is very bare bones to say the least. We have been 4.20 at 174 to the 1/8th with the car. Next outting Im bumping the timing and hitting the boost hard to shoot for the 4.0's that should put me right where I want to be.
The motor is a 397 inch Small Block Oldsmobile with a bore of 4.130 and a 3.700 stroke with antique Batten heads :rolleyes: :rolleyes: In the next year I will have a new race head that we have been working with that will really wake things up abit :wink:

WOW thats cool!!! I didnt think it would run like that , thats amazing!!!
Mike:cool:

that sounds great we ran gas for a while and we ran a 4.16 @ 170. we switched to alky and still are tunning it. we have seen a bit of promisisng ruselts from the alky but we know we are still not where we want to be with it. we got a 4.12 @ 165 with e the alky. we burnt a couple plugs on that pass. we were running the old fast efi so we couldn't really see what we were doing. we were tunning it like mechanical fuel injection. so in the winter we went to an xfi and we seem to be getting a good handle on the tune up we are still a bit gun shy from the plugs melting. so we are trying to be safe. in BG we had a good tune up but it just lifted the head and that ended are weekend short. im hoping for some 4.0s myself but its just never easy. those numbers just get harder to get. and as far as parts we are in a similar situation buick stage 2 stuff is starting to get rare. im confident we can get some 4.0s out of the thing but i think that will be my limits. and for that i need perfect track and the perfect day. well boss got run let me know more about your car, have you guys had problems with tire shake?
Ive had more than my share of tire shake issues for sure. Ive broken motor plates, ring gears, engine limiters, planetaries, beaten out axle bearings and even crank triggers LOL. I like the GoodYear 1022 best so far with the 1490 being the worst tire Ive had on the car for shake. We are still playing with the converter trying to find a happy medium. The car I feel is still too rigid. Its a 260" Spitzer updated and lengthened by Hal Canode. Ive got a 270" Mike Bos more suited to what Im doing and will be moving everything over to that car this winter and shooting for 3.90's. So far the motor has been very very very reliable on the 6th year for the same main bearings and change the rod bearings every two years out of guilt ;) I can treat the car like a bracket car. It really gets next to the blown guys when I idle to the staging lanes and then roll the chutes up and drive back to my pit spot :biggrin:

i know what your talking about i ran an open outlaw race when i was on gas. i would run 6.50's all day long and drive the car tothe trailer and starting line. its a little diffrent now we are on alky we eliminated the radiator and inercooler so we have to tow the car to the line and back but we lost 100lbs.so we figure even with no hp increase we should pick up once we get the fuel right. we got a 240'' worthy slip joint car i would like a longer car eventually but the car seems to like the v6. i would like to have like a 260'' bos car but this car still has allot of hits left in it. we fought tire shake for awhile. we even have an problem now and then with the car at diffrent tracks. we tried goodyears but didn't have much luck with them we are runn M/T now some 34.5 x 17.5 16 they seem to not shake as much

Good looking ride !!!! Ive considered putting a stage II twin on my car for kick and giggles. I wish I had have made it up for that. Good Luck !!!! Here's my junk from last years shake downs. Saturday

How about giving us the details of you combo. Compression , boost , timing,
etc.!!! Inquiring minds want to know!!!!! Thanks Mike:cool:

How about giving us the details of you combo. Compression , boost , timing,
etc.!!! Inquiring minds want to know!!!!! Thanks Mike:cool:

Mike as soon as I get a chance Ill spill my guts, You will be amazed on how easy on parts this thing is.