Turbo 400 Transbrake?

Red87GN

I am running a Turbo 400 in my car. I plan on doing quite a bit of racing and I'm interested in putting a transbrake in this tranny. It has been professionally rebuilt with the heavy duty sprag(I think) and a good shift kit, It has a Vigilante 3500 stall converter in it. What all would be involved in putting a transbrake in it? John:D

Basically... A rebuild. You must at least go to the direct drum, so you might as well freshen everything else while you are there.:D

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

Think I'll just wait.

Thanks for the reply. I'll probably just wait for now and see how the car does without a transbrake. John

Got a Question?????

Since I'm using a Turbo 400 in this car will I have to put some sort of check valve between intake and tranny to keep pressure off of modulator? I've never actually ran this car before, it had the T-400 in it when I got it. It was a work in progress that never got finished.

I have heard that if you have the vacuum brake conversion you need a check in that line also? Is that true? Because mine doesn't have it right now and where can I get them.

Man I'm full of questions tonight sorry one more!!! What about T-400 kickdown how can I get that on my car?

Thanks for the great website for these great cars and for all the help. John:D

??????????????

T-400 w/brake =
1. No kickdown.
2. No modulator.
3. Reversed shift pattern.
4. Manual shifting only.

Plus, what Bruce said.................:D

Turbo 400 vacuum?

Right now the Turbo 400 is a automatic valve body with only some heavy duty parts and a good shift kit and it doesn't have the transbrake, that's a future possible mod. I was asking about the check valve for an automatic valve body transmission with the modulator on it. Thanks John

its still not as good if u run a check valve since its not N/A - untill you get the brake and tranny modded, you can get a mechanical modulator to replace vacuum controlled shifting. But if your gonna do a t-brake anyway, why bother spendin more money on sumin that a manual VB doesnt use.

Re: Turbo 400 vacuum?

Originally posted by Red87GN
Right now the Turbo 400 is a automatic valve body with only some heavy duty parts and a good shift kit and it doesn't have the transbrake, that's a future possible mod. I was asking about the check valve for an automatic valve body transmission with the modulator on it. Thanks John

I believe Chris(CK) or Bruce(PTS) has some kind of mechanical modulator that is cable controlled,That would be your best bet.
Otto

Change of plans!!

What about a manual valvebody? I have checked on a Turbo Action Pro-Street Manual Valve body part# 24-142A for my car. I think this would solve my problem. The valve body is $150 and I should be able to install with tranny still in car. I would be able to shift manually and the lkit comes with modulator plug, that would apply full line pressure all the time. Whatha think?

John

you could get our in house made reverse pattern full manual valve body for that price.no checkball and spring to split the direct and reverse passage which has been proven to lock the trans up in high gear as manufactured by some.

Sounds good, but what about shifter?

Chris718,

What about my current shifter? I am using the B&M Megashifter, I believe it will ratchet in either direction. Will it work with your valve body? Does your valve body come with all the necessary hardware to perform the swap? I will need the modulator plug.
John Welch

COMPLETE KIT.one of the best out there.the shift quality is unbelievable .no bang just an rpm drop.

Shifter????

Chris,

What about the shifter I'm using, how will it work with reverse pattern? John

Manual valvebody from CK.

Well I think I have made up my mind on what I'mm going to do. I've done some searching and CK Performance comes very highly recommended from everyone. I'm gonna go with CK's reverse manual valve body(complete kit) Chris send me an email with pricing(including shipping) and payment info. I tryed calling today but you must have been busy. Let me know.
John Welch