TTA trans cooler lines

3.8Turbo

I had to go to Ontario this week, and since I would be driving right past Classic Tube, I figured I would drop off my TTA trans lines so they bend up a set of stainless steel ones. They bent up a set while I waited. Just put them in and they fit fine. Any way, I had them copy the pattern so that anyone who needs new trans cooler lines can now order them from classic tube. They can make them up in either oem steel or stainless.

I dont need any :)

but I do appreciate you taking the time to get some made and letting them use the patterns in case any of us need them in the future

later
Jeremy

Hi,
What is the biggest tubing they can handle? I have been watching this company for a while, and they seem to be top notch.

Great news ! Thanks for doing this for us all, SS will be on my shopping list next time I'm in the US. I'll drop them an e-mail and ask for pricing!

By the way did you install them with or without the engine in place? I guess without the engine looking at the routing of the lines :D

Originally posted by Jan Larsson
By the way did you install them with or without the engine in place? I guess without the engine looking at the routing of the lines :D

I put the lines and then dropped the engine in.

Do you know if there is a part number assigned to these from Classic Tube? Any pictures of the lines you can provide?

thanks for helping out the hobby. i needed a set a few months ago called eveybody and looked everywhere and everybody said send me yours and we can make you a set the problem was mine are butchered 2 seperate cuts in each line bandaided back toghther with rubber hose. so thanks alot for the help.

Jan Larsson said:
Do you know if there is a part number assigned to these from Classic Tube? Any pictures of the lines you can provide?
Jan
I don't know if they have a part number yet, but they have the patterns now so just give them a call. IIRC, a set of steel lines are $60 and the SS are $80.
Sorry, I didn't take any pictures.

Here's the reply from Classic Tube

Jan,

Thanks for your inquiry. The part number for those new transmission line is CAT1012. Pricing is $45.00 in oE steel or $79.00 in stainless steel for the pair

Please feel free to visit our website at www.classictube.com or call us toll free at 800-882-3711 or 716-759-1800

"The World's Leading Manufacturer of Quality Automotive Pre-Bent Tubing"
80 Rotech Drive
Lancaster, NY 14086

So update, turned out the part number was wrong ....

Jan,

The CAT1012 line kit will not fit the 1989 Trans Am. But your timing could not be better. Yesterday we obtained the lines you need. The new correct part number is FBT1012 and is not on our web site yet. There is a price difference, they are $65.00 in OE steel or $99.00 in stainless steel for the pair. Because the part is not on the web site yet you will need to e-mail your information to us. I suggest sending the credit card number on a separate e-mail to prevent any unauthorized use of your number.

Thanks for your inquiry.

-