TTA header gaskets now available

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Have a run of TTA header gaskets being made, will be here on 9-28-10. Will have 9 sets available.

Fel-Pro TTA header gaskets

Hi guys,

Fel-Pro has had these for quite some time. They are carried by Advance Auto for $6 or 7 a set. Part #93046. They are steel filled composit.

Hi guys,

Fel-Pro has had these for quite some time. They are carried by Advance Auto for $6 or 7 a set. Part #93046. They are steel filled composit.

Don't buy these. They are worthless...or were for me. Lasted 6 passes.

Jason

These are NOT generic over the counter gaskets, they are made by Remflex. Nothing like raining on a guys parade.:rolleyes:

Don't buy these. They are worthless...or were for me. Lasted 6 passes.

Jason

Hi Jason!

Really! Would you tell me what you found wrong with the gasket when you removed it? You did check to see what caused the failure, right? I ask this because I had a very expensive set of graphites on my car which I got from the GSCA. I developed a very bad leak after a period of time. When the header was off I found that #1 & #3 had blown out. After checking further I found the problem to be the header flange. I think I have that problem fixed but I do have the Fel-Pro in there. I would really like to know what you found so I will know what to expect. The header is back on and ready to go so I will drive the car untill the problem comes back but, it would be good to be armed with some input and data.

Thanks!

re:TT/A header gaskets

ATR used to make these copper gaskets one per cylinder
i hope the new header gaskets are copper and one piece for three exhaust ports.
the older single ones are hard to line up.
Just my 2 cents
Keep up the good work......TTT
Either way put me on a a list as i will take a set or two when they come in.
P.S. Can we get someone to start making a set of performance or even replacement headers for these cars yet??

Hi Jason!

Really! Would you tell me what you found wrong with the gasket when you removed it? You did check to see what caused the failure, right? I ask this because I had a very expensive set of graphites on my car which I got from the GSCA. I developed a very bad leak after a period of time. When the header was off I found that #1 & #3 had blown out. After checking further I found the problem to be the header flange. I think I have that problem fixed but I do have the Fel-Pro in there. I would really like to know what you found so I will know what to expect. The header is back on and ready to go so I will drive the car untill the problem comes back but, it would be good to be armed with some input and data.

Thanks!

When I removed them two of the cylinders were blown out. I had just had the headers machined flat 2 weeks before and verified with the micrometer.

The felpro gaskets held so much heat they turned the header flange purple and caused the header to warp. I had them machined flat again and put them back on the car with copper RTV and have made 50ish passes since then without an issue.

I also read in a thread awhile back where you said you only ran 20 psi and no one would ever need anymore. If this is the case, they might be fine. 20 psi isn't very much.

Jason