TSM Final Rules

teardown

What is the procedure for the teardown protest rule? Where is it to be performed at? The track or a specified location? Can only point series members protest? How are we going to verify cubic inches? When a couple of thousandths of an inch make a differance it better be precise.
Also at the TurboBuick.com race, if it is an 1/8 mile race we need to establish a minimum ET to qualify 6.99 maybe?

All classes I have seen the tear down rule applies at the track , pull heads and ck. it on the spot. 2nd the cubic inches is fairly simple bore size and stroke will tell down to the decimal point. Finally you are correct bout the quaflying at a 1/8 mile track 6.99 sound good to me. :cool:

this is just my .02

All classes I have seen the tear down rule applies at the track , pull heads and ck. it on the spot. 2nd the cubic inches is fairly simple bore size and stroke will tell down to the decimal point. Finally you are correct bout the quaflying at a 1/8 mile track 6.99 sound good to me. :cool:

this is just my .02

Thanks Randy I think it needs to be written in the rules so theres no questions when a protest occurs.

What is the procedure for the teardown protest rule? Where is it to be performed at? The track or a specified location? Can only point series members protest? How are we going to verify cubic inches? When a couple of thousandths of an inch make a differance it better be precise.
Also at the TurboBuick.com race, if it is an 1/8 mile race we need to establish a minimum ET to qualify 6.99 maybe?

Good point Phil.
-Only points series racers will be able to protest.
-IF a 1/4 mile record is set there will be a mandatory turbo inspection.
-There will not be blanket protests. Has to be specific.
ex: Nitrous Oxide protest would not cover, alcohol injection etc.

Honestly, there shouldn't be any protests except for turbo if someone sets a record and then it is mandatory inspection.

I know someone may try to abuse this down the road so the ultimate decision will be determined by me and the points series racers.

I'm good with the minimum 6.99 et for points at the 1/8 mile event.

another point to consider as it is not posted in the rules is the basic NHRA rules at the track as far as staging and lighting the bulbs etc... although this may be a given it is not stated in the rules...just to avoid the conflict that happened last year. Also that a designated independent RRA be present even if it is the event Host or Race director..to resolve any track issues... Class issues are an internal issue

Did everybody vote on this yet? Not that it will affect me right now, just wondering. I'm going with 275 hoosiers so I'm legal for a race coming to my local track in august. $20,000 to win! Here is a link if anyone is interested.

AATRS Home

Has M/T changed the designation on the drag radials? Summit is now listing them by the 28 X 12.50 size instead of the 295/55.

M/T lists them both ways. If you look at the description they still have 295/55 listed. I think Summit/Jegs do that to help with sizing.