Try a new converter or is there better upgrades

BOP4ever

My combo is in my signature and it seems to work ok, but I'm not satisfied with the 1/8 to 1/4 pull..
Ruining 109 to 110 @ 24-25 psi shifting to OD just after the 1/8 hitting 5200 shift point...

Converter drives nice but I wonder if it's loose under boost on top end and slipping ?
I'd hate to drop 1000.00 on a converter and not be able to tell the difference .

What is your trap rpm? Having to shift right after the 1/8 sounds like the converter is slipping bad. Pick up isn't bad, valvesprings can also be weak causing loss of power in the upper rpms.

Looking at my turbo link data it looks like it's hitting 5050 rpm at 91 mph in third gear.
275/50 Nitto drag radials .

Hello BOP4ever. That 34% slip is not good. I have a 10 inch PTC with 2800 stall that I am not using. Not sure if you still have your lock up but this is a non lock. I ran it in my DD car until I changed turbo's and went with a 9.5 PTC. Should work great with your 44. You could ask Dusty if he thought this would be a good match for your car. If you would like to TRY it give me a call.

Seemed sort of high to me too...
What should I do next ?
One day I hope to change to ported Irons or Aluminum heads and a small roller cam with a 6262 or 6265 turbo so if I upgrade the converter now will I be having to redo it again after those upgrades ???
Not sure when that will happen though... Id wager not this year, but I might upgrade the converter to see what I can do with the 44.... looking for about 120 Trap and mid 11 et...

looking for about 120 Trap and mid 11 et..
perfect for the 44 an unopened motor.at 25psi and a good hook you should be in the 11's already.something is wrong if your going into od that early slip seems really high,i would focus on that and get the car dialed in

One day I hope to change to ported Irons or Aluminum heads and a small roller cam with a 6262 or 6265 turbo so if I upgrade the converter now will I be having to redo it again after those upgrades ??
don't need any of this for mid 11's,could keep quite a bit of money in your pocket.

Might want to look at some 27 or 28" drag radials to go along with a better converter.