Trick Roll Cage w/doors!

Is this what you are looking for? Nordy racer sent me some pictures of his. He also has the rear bar set up so you can remove it. Say's they don't bother him at the tracks about it. I know he said the cage is a custom unit. Pretty trick!

Evaddave

I know a little about Nordy's cage:D They are made by Alston and they are in fact the ONLY ones accepted by the NHRA under the current rules. Grab the knurled piece and pull it down, it locks into place. Pull the bar in after you get in the car and the spring loaded feature locks it into place.

I know a little about Nordy's cage:D They are made by Alston and they are in fact the ONLY ones accepted by the NHRA under the current rules. Grab the knurled piece and pull it down, it locks into place. Pull the bar in after you get in the car and the spring loaded feature locks it into place.

You do the cage Billy or did someone else? I have always really liked the way his cage was done :biggrin:

There use to be a piece made by Competition Engineering where you put down the knob and lock it to the side. When you lock it in you would push the know and it snaps close. I purchased it and the guy doing the roll bar told me the piece is no longer NHRA legal. C.E. concurs that the piece is no sold for that reason. I went with the pin system.

You do the cage Billy or did someone else? I have always really liked the way his cage was done :biggrin:

We had JMRC of Strausburg, VA do it. He is the guy who built my tube car. I still have my bender,notcher, etc but stopped doing cages as it simply takes waaaay to much time to build them.

The reason there not legal is you have a 2/58 pipe that is being held together with a 1/4 or 3/8 pin. The collar type goes over the top of the pipe 2/58 and is actually stronger that the tube due to the thickness of the collar.

Some pics of the Chromolly Cage I just did in my car. Instead of swing outs I bent the side bars multiple times so they were legal and passed between my shoulder and elbow but then bent down low to the floor. My A pillar bars have 15 bends each and curve tight along the roof. Lots of hard work but in the end payed off with a clean install and a very rigid chassis.

Attachments

• Interior 003.jpg
    Interior 003.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 460
  • Interior 002.jpg
    Interior 002.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 470
  • Interior 010.jpg
    Interior 010.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 475
  • Interior 011.jpg
    Interior 011.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 456
  • Interior 013.jpg
    Interior 013.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 447
I couldnt find them but it was dark when I got there. So I dont know if they are still laying around there or they walked off. I call my guy this week and see where he put them.

That Is A Sweet Setup In That Talon. Nice Work.

Thanks and like I said in my post it really stiffens the car up when everything is welded together, but you can also just run a lower tube across the floor to tie it together with the swing outs.