Transmission staying in first too long

Phrosty, Since you just ordered everything, what is the Est. cost of parts? The word "billet" just sounds expensive

The previous owner of my car did a $2,800 rebuild prior to me purchasing the car. Most of the $2,800 went towards labor :eek: and a $800 converter. But he did have a couple billet parts thrown in.

These are the billet parts in my trans: (My car runs low 11's)
  • CK Billet Forward Drum (a must have if your gonna dual feed) $389.00
  • Billet 2nd Gear Servo $89.00
  • Billet Direct Piston $79.95
All I needed for my current build was a master rebuild kit, bushings, thrust washers, reman pump, and reman direct drum.

I also threw in some other parts as well: ALTO carbon band, larger TV plunger & sleeve, hardened pump rings, stiffer pressure regulator spring, stiffer slide spring, boost valve, lo rev valve, harder 1-2 accumulator spring.

I spent about $500 on parts. Would have been much less if I didn't need a pump and drum.

Decided to rebuild the 2004r and had PTC do it. Just got it back in and seems to be shifting fine. Hope it holds up!

Did u find out what the problem actually was? Did they find anything wrong in the tranny?

phrosty said:
The previous owner of my car did a $2,800 rebuild prior to me purchasing the car. Most of the $2,800 went towards labor :eek: and a $800 converter. But he did have a couple billet parts thrown in.

These are the billet parts in my trans: (My car runs low 11's)

[*]CK Billet Forward Drum (a must have if your gonna dual feed) $389.00
[*]Billet 2nd Gear Servo $89.00
[*]Billet Direct Piston $79.95

All I needed for my current build was a master rebuild kit, bushings, thrust washers, reman pump, and reman direct drum.

I also threw in some other parts as well: ALTO carbon band, larger TV plunger & sleeve, hardened pump rings, stiffer pressure regulator spring, stiffer slide spring, boost valve, lo rev valve, harder 1-2 accumulator spring.

I spent about $500 on parts. Would have been much less if I didn't need a pump and drum.

I am building one and had a few questions if the op doesn't mind.

The stiffer slide spring, was it the single or the double spring? I'm going with hard rings but staying with the stock 7 vane.

Which boost valve, and reverse valve are you using? I am leaning towards the .500 as it is cheap. And the 61% larger than stock rev boost(selling site doesn't list size). Also going with the stiffer spring.

Which 1-2 accumulator spring did you use? I am leaning towards a white one.
What about the 3-4 accumulator? I think I will be using the red one to start off with.

I am going with the stock width carbon band as I am using the drum that came out. Also have a used billet servo setup to use.

I don't have the brf vb/gov so I am planning to cut on the one I have and get the brf spring to put in. Will probably weld the nub on the weight to hold the spring in.

Tia. I can pm if we think this is to far off topic.

I am building one and had a few questions if the op doesn't mind.

The stiffer slide spring, was it the single or the double spring? I'm going with hard rings but staying with the stock 7 vane.

Which boost valve, and reverse valve are you using? I am leaning towards the .500 as it is cheap. And the 61% larger than stock rev boost(selling site doesn't list size). Also going with the stiffer spring.

Which 1-2 accumulator spring did you use? I am leaning towards a white one.
What about the 3-4 accumulator? I think I will be using the red one to start off with.

I am going with the stock width carbon band as I am using the drum that came out. Also have a used billet servo setup to use.

I don't have the brf vb/gov so I am planning to cut on the one I have and get the brf spring to put in. Will probably weld the nub on the weight to hold the spring in.

Tia. I can pm if we think this is to far off topic.

Single slide spring.

.500 boost valve and .296 rev.

Was gonna put a Sonnax spring for the 1-2...decided to just leave what the previous builder put in as I like the shift quality...same with 3-4...not sure of the exact springs as it was a "custom" shift kit

I also blocked off line bias with a 700r4 spring
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONNAX-3-4-LOAD-RELEASE-SPRINGS-4L60E-700R4-TRUTECH-/250758834824