Translator install

HiTech6

I need help with the 4" MAF and translator I just got from F. T. I could not get the Translator and the Adapter harness to connect. The plugs would not plug up and the instructions are not very helpfull. The ends just do not seem to be correct to me. Any help would be apprciated as I would like to hit the races Saturday. Could anyone walk me through this? Thanks for any help.

give them a call. there tech support is awsome. Also if you can post us a pic of what yor working with. If you say the plugs dont fit they dont fit.

There is a harness adapter that you need to buy to connect the translator to a turbo Buick. The same thing happened to me when I bought a used translator on eBay, I went to install it and the connectors were different. I think Full Throttle has the adapter that you'll need, or you can be cheap like me and mangle the connecter/rearrange the wires until it fits without having to buy an adapter. :wink:

t_19103.jpg

I just purchased and installed a translator and MAF from F.T. within the last month. Everything connected perfectly. No adapter was needed. This was a translator, not a translator plus or any of the fancy stuff. I agree, you had better call Mike and make sure you have the right parts.

There is a harness adapter that you need to buy to connect the translator to a turbo Buick. The same thing happened to me when I bought a used translator on eBay, I went to install it and the connectors were different. I think Full Throttle has the adapter that you'll need, or you can be cheap like me and mangle the connecter/rearrange the wires until it fits without having to buy an adapter. :wink:

t_19103.jpg

Yep, same thing happened to me when I bought a used translator from somebody, went to install it and the connectors would'nt connect. I called Mike at full throttle told him the problem and he said I needed an adapter to make it work on the Buick. I think the translator I bought was for an LT1 or LS1 originally, but with the adapter works fine.

I need help with the 4" MAF and translator I just got from F. T. I could not get the Translator and the Adapter harness to connect. The plugs would not plug up and the instructions are not very helpfull. The ends just do not seem to be correct to me. Any help would be apprciated as I would like to hit the races Saturday. Could anyone walk me through this? Thanks for any help.

If you got the 4" MAF pipe you may have got the wrong harness, call me an we will fix you right up
Mike

Thanks for all that replied and I did have the wrong adaptor. I talked to FT today and they are sending me the correct one. Thanks again guys.

Yep, same thing happened to me when I bought a used translator from somebody, went to install it and the connectors would'nt connect. I called Mike at full throttle told him the problem and he said I needed an adapter to make it work on the Buick. I think the translator I bought was for an LT1 or LS1 originally, but with the adapter works fine.

I just bought one on eBay and think I have the same problem. Good to know that an adapter will work. I'll contact Mike.

I just bought one on eBay and think I have the same problem. Good to know that an adapter will work. I'll contact Mike.

Same thing happened to me, call Mike at Full throttle and he will hook you up, the adapter was like $25.00 if I remember correctly.