trans problems

keith theriot

Turbocajun
I have noticed that when my trans is cold and I put it in gear there is a whinning sound for a second or so, this doesn't happen when it is warmed up. but lately i notice that when riding after when it is warmed up that this same sound is happening right before every shift and seems to be getting worse. the trans does not seem to be slipping but the shifts are not as firm as they used to be. any Ideas?

Pump could be going, psi reg assembly maybe. Get the psi tested

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

This was happening to me in the cold weather and if i didn't let the car warm up. It would move in reverse cold but not drive, just a major whine sound. Throw back into park, wait some more & try again. It would not happen again while driving, stopping, back into P and D again. It's weird that it didn't have this Problem shifting into R. After throwing the car on a lift, i've determined that the tranny is not TB unit , has a "7" LU converter and a std 200 Gov ( it shifts around 3k RPM ) . I'm on the lookout for a TB 200 unit now.

I spoke to someone today that said it could be the pump or the TC , i am gonna drop the pan this weekend and check the filter

pulled the pan and found a bolt laying in the pan, changed the filter and replaced bolt where it belongs, no more noise. the bolt was missing from a plate next to the servo housing, it must have been leaking pressure. just want to let you guys know what the fix was. thanks for the help