trans fluid on highway....

YNOVATE

I got the GN blues
....literally. I was on my way to detroit friday afternoon when I didn't even make it out of town and a big white cloud was bellowing from behind my car. I got off the highway at the next exit with the two other cars I was traveling with and you could just smell it was the tranny fluid. I shut the car off and the puddle had already started. pretty much all of the fluid is on interstate 196 and on Lane ave. where I got off the highway. I looked under the car last night when I got back in town and didn't see anything wrong with the lines or the pan seal...I'm guessing its the torque converter. any other Ideas? there was no clunk or noise what-so-ever. it was just all of the sudden. I would have hated to be the car behind me cause they got covered with fluid.

turbo6x2-if you see this post I'll have to get this fixed before I can make it out there for a tuning session.

Check the lines where they pass between the motor and the exhaust crossover pipe...Mine wore a tiny hole in the tranny lines there and did the exact same thing you described...

Also, another way to check for sure, is make sure you have enough tranny fluid in the tranny, and start the car...Look underneath for wherever the leal is coming from...You will notice it...That's how I found mine...Might be easier to spot if you have the car up on ramps or jack stands...

It could also be your front seal on the tranny...

ok...I'll make sure there's plenty of fluid in the transmission and start her up tomorrow morning. My car is already on jack stands, I was under there as soon as I got home from the woodward cruise. I'll check that spot on the lines you said too

thanks alot, I'll let you guys know what I find.

-Brad-