Trans builders in Vanouver BC

CanGN

I hear Dave at BC Automatic in New West builds a quality 2004r...does anybody have any experience dealing with him...looking to get a rebuild...thanks

steve

I have had a couple from him that worked pretty decent. There are a few other guys that have also had decent builds, but then there have been a few that have had some troubles. It depends on how fast you intend on going. Dave doesn't use any hardened or billet parts other than the servo, so it is really only a high-mid 11 second build.

Most guys are buying built tranny's from reputable US builders and doing the re & re themselves. At one point, it worked out to almost the same price, plus you get a trans from a guy that builds a 200-4 for GN's on a daily basis, and in all likelyhood owns and races their own Turbo Regal.

thanks for the quick response, I guess I will have to think about it, I don't have a lot of time and would like to just be able to drop the car off and get it done, I am not looking to go any faster than mid 11s..for now...

Call Dave and ask what he puts in his build, and ask him for a price. Then at least you can compare it to one of the Buick builders and what they put in a build.

At the high-mid 11 second range, Dave should be be able to build you a decent trans.

A quick trip down to Lynnwood Wa. to Dave's Trans Service, and you have a guy that builds 9 sec. 200-4R's. (and LIVE) Dave is the MAN!!! 2.5 hour drive from Vancouver. Bring the car, drop it off, and come pick it up when he calls you. He PERSONALLY builds the 200-4R's, usually on a Sunday afternoon, when he can get the private time needed to perform brain surgery on a 200-4R.;) (he IS a VERY busy guy!!!) You couldn't meet a nicer guy, too.:smile:
Dave Splett Sr.
(425) 774-4966

I had a stock rebuild done at

Boss Automotive in Richmond,
Quick service, no frills, and you deal with the owner, Peter.
Car went in on a Monday and I picked it up the Wednesday morning. No issues with the transmission over a few thousand kilometers.
Good luck.
Jim

A quick trip down to Lynnwood Wa. to Dave's Trans Service, and you have a guy that builds 9 sec. 200-4R's. (and LIVE) Dave is the MAN!!! 2.5 hour drive from Vancouver. Bring the car, drop it off, and come pick it up when he calls you. He PERSONALLY builds the 200-4R's, usually on a Sunday afternoon, when he can get the private time needed to perform brain surgery on a 200-4R.;) (he IS a VERY busy guy!!!) You couldn't meet a nicer guy, too.:smile:
Dave Splett Sr.
(425) 774-4966

Hey Ken,

My trans broke at Mission last Friday. Snapped input shaft I think. Been trying to get in touch with Brian Hofer, but looks like Dave can easily handle a mid-10's car. Has he done any for you or Geno, hence the recommendation? I want some hardened or billet parts and possibly a brake. I need a trans pretty much now, so I can get dialed in for TT 2009.

Thanks,

Dave did my trans, he has done geno's and a couple of other mid 10sec cars. I give him much praise :biggrin: He is worth the trip!!!

Hey Ken,

My trans broke at Mission last Friday. Snapped input shaft I think. Been trying to get in touch with Brian Hofer, but looks like Dave can easily handle a mid-10's car. Has he done any for you or Geno, hence the recommendation? I want some hardened or billet parts and possibly a brake. I need a trans pretty much now, so I can get dialed in for TT 2009.

Thanks,

Hey Scott

I told you I was going to return my car back to stock (hopefully easier to sell) so next week my Bian Hofer trans (300 miles on it) no track passes,shifts flawlessly will be pulled with the ptc 9 inch non lockup.I was going to sell as a package if you want the trans 1000$ its yours,,,,Dave spelt has my spare lockup trans that I heading down next week to put back in with the d5 convertor could drop it off on the way back..

mike

Hey Scott

I told you I was going to return my car back to stock (hopefully easier to sell) so next week my Bian Hofer trans (300 miles on it) no track passes,shifts flawlessly will be pulled with the ptc 9 inch non lockup.I was going to sell as a package if you want the trans 1000$ its yours,,,,Dave spelt has my spare lockup trans that I heading down next week to put back in with the d5 convertor could drop it off on the way back..

mike

Sounds like a good deal, but does it have a T-brake and billet input shaft?