Tranny ploblems I am on the brink of selling it all :(

volvoman

The Green BEAST
so I have the 5 disk vig convert, with pump tube installed with the restrictor on the top line. When I first installed it tranny shifted fine and went through the gears ect till I locked it up in od. Then it stayed there. :\ Long story short pump tube was about .005 too deep in and was hanging up the valve. So I pulled the pump out and and fixed it made sure it was not hanging up etc. Put this thing all back together take it for a drive.. seems fine. od locked up ect. The more I drove the hybrid it seem to be under load. The shifting started to get screwy. It got to the point of I put it in 1st and car goes no where. Put it in 2nd goes little but seems under load. 3rd same and 4th I know at 2k I should be going pretty good but its does not go over 45 or so. Reverse works fine and goes into park etc. Like I said I am ready to unload this thing, I just want it to work. What things can i check. If I can not get this thing fixed its going on CL. I am done.
The only other thing I can think of is a check ball is missing or in the wrong place.
Thanks for reading my sob story and like most people I have no $ to dump into the trans. If I could I would send it to someone to fix. I can pull it out and fix or check whatever.

I am open to check or look at anything that might be screwing this up.:confused: Thanks for any and all info.
Chris

I have a good used 3speed automatic 200 trans that you could throw in there temperarily until you get the other one fixed right. $200 plus shipping or will deliver if within 100 miles.

Post line pressure readings in various gears and full TV pressure in gears. You dont need the restrictor since it will often cause excess converter pressure to wipe out the thrust in the engine. So test cooler circuit pressure also. The oil tube is not needed. Id install a new GM pump and use an aftermarket 200 LU solenoid.

New pump body is not an option right now. I am starting to think that a check ball might have slipped in to the wrong spot. If I could I would send this thing to pts and be done with it. :rolleyes: