Tracks this Saturday?

Paul,
I'm expecting some 'serious' refreshments!!! Or maybe a club afterwards. :D I can't stay out toooooo late since the wife and kids will be home. But it will be hard to leave the slicks at home but I'm just looking for some WOT runs to see what the car will do. I just went 180* on Moana Loa tonight going to get gas because the boost came up a little faster than I expected when turning the corner. But, just wanted to say, Bring some 'serious' refreshments.. :D

Oh, does anyone need any of these parts? I'll bring them tomorrow if needed. 9" K&N with 4" inlet, fuel rail, front spindles, Heater lines (hard lines), let me know if you need any other wierd stock stuff. I might have it.

Derrick

P.S. Got wife's permission to go tomorrow already. For all you single guys, STAY SINGLE! So you don't need 'permission' at any time. As I'm sure I'll pay for the time away.... :(

Well if "Taz" is going to run I guess I have to go see.:D
I'll take the heater lines. And do you have the hard lines that go to the PCV & boost gauge?

Thanks,
Guy

Guy,
I just so happen to have those lines too.. :) I'll bring them with me too. Just remind me tomorrow and they are yours.

Oh, I hope there is a tow truck there tomorrow. A lot of people know what happened the last time I went to the track. It lasted about 1.6 seconds before my stator broke apart in my torque converter. I'm a little nervous about tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Derrick

Thanks, Derrick:) Whats your "beverage" Trade you. :D Don't worry about a tow I have AAA if you need it. If Jackson doesn't need it first. ;) (he's my ride home) :D

Guy

Guy,
My beverage happens to be any Beer with 'ice' in the name. Yep, I'm even into Bud Ice. :) But I don't need to have a brewery in the back seat on the way home tomorrow. :)

Derrick

Congrats to Geoff, hitting the 12s. Derrick laid down some good mph on his tuning runs.Good to see everyone again but who was that stranger with the burgandy T :)

Yes, congrats Geoff !! Hey Derrick... where did you go?? I thought we were going to have a few :confused: Maybe next time. Good to see everyone.

Hey there... Thanks. I was about to go make another pass but I got some acrid, rubber odor so I stopped and decided to take it home for some investigation today. I still don't have any idea what it was. Maybe the tires rubbing on the frame but they seem to have plenty of clearance. It probably also has something to do with my serious bottoming out on the roads all of a sudden. I need to take a look under the car and see what's going on. But on a plus side I got a LOT of valuable data and now know that the things I was worried about not working at WOT are working great. I just have to figure out what's causing it to go WAYYYY rich at WOT. Do any of you running alky see a change in O2 readings when it kicks in?

Depending on the track schedule, I may go Friday with the slicks, or maybe the following weekend. Damn, not the following weekend either as I'm moving that weekend. I'll be there ASAP though.

Derrick

Thanks guys!

BTW, Good to see everyone last night! Paul, Dean, Jackson, Guy, Tom, John, Mick, Ivan, Chris, Derrick, Andy, Charlie, and Gerald. :cool:

I'm not sure about the 02 readings, but my EGT readings do go down with the Alky on. Why don't you try and race on Sat at the Import race. They have a Hi-tech class for us EFI guys to run in. We'll be running with the Stangs and Maro's heads up racing.Need all the Buick guys there.

I would, but I have a Christmas party to go to for work. And I can't see testing and tuning for that much money. Kind of like the $50 I spent to run for 2 seconds during the fastest streetcar shootout which turned out to be bogus anyways. For $6 I'll test over and over. But $50 is just WAYYY too much to test.

Derrick

The run card is 40, but I know where you're coming from. The next one is in Jan, the IDRC. Maybe that one.

See you later,

Paul