Track results from today.

V6POWER

Car ran well today and ran its second fastest et with a friend (Pat Broughton) driving the car for the first time on that pass. He obviously can launch better than I can. :smile: I was running a new set of ported stock heads that Khai in Charlotte, NC had done and they worked real well. I am able to run the same mph at only 23# boost and 23/21 timing whereas I needed to run 26# and 26/22 timing before the head swap to run the same mph.

60'=1.674
330=4.587
et=7.069
mph=99.72

1.584 (Pat was driving)

The Wind must have changed direction on that pass jim!

That car is flying :)

The wind had nothing to do with how you launched. :D

I think I will turn up the boost one turn so I can hopefully run consistent 100 mph. That should be consistent 24# boost.

Nice times Jim.. Sorry I had to leave so soon as I wanted to see what went wrong with Tommy's car. Anyway congrat's on that 6.91 pass.

Maybe its time for a transbrake..? HAHAHA!

Mike Banas

What happened to Tommy's car? I definitely will not be getting a transbrake.

The 6.91 was because of Pat. He is a better driver than I am. :) When his car gets back together he should be able to run some real good times on just pump gas.

I think we have a winner for the driver of the next ZDDPlus car!

Glad you're getting things worked out with your car:D

Jim,

Are those runs with the PTC or did you go back to the 9x11? Do you have the powerlogger files?

Thanks,
Mike

I think Gene wants to drive the Z car.

Better him than me, they'd have to install a toilet seat for me to drive it:eek:
I don't know which would be louder, my screaming and crapping all over myself or the car.

Now that is funny. :D

Heck, you think that's funny. You should ask Pat about the time I drove his riding mower. Lost control on flat ground and smacked in the propane tank in his back yard.

I'm unsafe at any speed!
:rolleyes:

Hey was that your car at Piedmont on Thursday?
There was 2 nice gn's there.
I was in the turbo dodge dart

I'm unsafe at any speed!
:rolleyes:

Maybe that's why you drive a hot air. :biggrin:

cold85--I was at Piedmont Thursday along with the other GN owner. I think his car broke an axle on his second run. I remember seeing the Dodge with the Turbo emblem on the side.

It's a wonder that I don't empty the track when I show up. There's some brave people out there:wink:

I think you and I need to attend the Pat's International School of 60 foot (aka PISOFF)

cold85--I was at Piedmont Thursday along with the other GN owner. I think his car broke an axle on his second run. I remember seeing the Dodge with the Turbo emblem on the side.

You would have noticed the fenders were not painted due to a wall I found with the drivers side at the RPM 275 race.

I think my best run that night was a 5.23@142

Eric--Bring your car to Piedmont Thursday (22nd) night and we will practice our 60'.

cold85--That car is moving! :eek:

I'll have to pass on Thursday night. Don't beleive the "ole Hot and Slow" GN will be ready that night. Right now it's a big rat's nest of wires. I'm finally installing the ISAC Alky/Boost controller and even if I had it finished by Thursday night, it'd need some regular road tuning before sailing down the track. This Sunday's T&T looks more promising.