TR6 Code 42

TR6 ext harness 002.JPG
Just received my TR6 extension harness from Casper's and correct me if I am wrong but, they have the coil ground wire on the wrong end of the harness !

yeah, thats not the right spot for that. and a remote mounted TR6 needs the box grounded to the engine.

Bob

no, its not a metripack, those are GT150's if I remember.

the terminal part number is 12191819 , there is a small seal on the wire also.

anyway, the coil ground wire is fairly important, the metal strap under one of the mounting bolts provides a backup ground, so your car will run. But I'd feel better with both grounds.

B

no, its not a metripack, those are GT150's if I remember.

the terminal part number is 12191819 , there is a small seal on the wire also.

anyway, the coil ground wire is fairly important, the metal strap under one of the mounting bolts provides a backup ground, so your car will run. But I'd feel better with both grounds.

B

Thanks for your help !
I will check with my local GM dealer to see if they have that part number in stock, and then add the ground to the correct end of the harness.

That was why I was getting a Code 42. The harness did not have a good ground as configured. I am surprised it was not correct that issue though. I thought this would have been a plug and play deal.

Sounds like the extension harness is pinned wrong. Prolly has something to do with them moving to Colorado. :cigar:

Did anyone try and ohm them out?
I have not personally experienced this but, I was told Friday at Cecil to check my injectors harness for the same issue.