TR6 Code 42

Sweet6

My car ran fine with the stock set up. No codes. I installed the TR6 with the remote location set up for the box and I am getting a Code 42 EST.

I did the Cam phasing and the cam sensor is set fine. Just under 3000 while running. The car starts and runs fine. But I get a code 42. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

cam sensor phasing has nothing to do with the code 42.

make sure the terminal pins in the factory plug are tight , make sure the extension harness has good continuity, make sure your TR6 is grounded to the engine.

Bob

Yes to all of the above. All connections are tight and grounded to the engine.

what spark plugs are you running?

Lots of guys are running the TR6 mounted remotely with no issues. so we just need to figure out whats different in your case.

B

running the standard Autolite plug for GN1s. For a test I put the stock coil back on and no codes.

I put the TR6 back in the stock location and it worked fine. So must be something in the extension harness/grounds on the harness.

I put the TR6 back in the stock location and it worked fine. So must be something in the extension harness/grounds on the harness.
I had the same problem sent my extension harness back to Casper's they said there was nothing wrong with it sent it right back to me it will not start up with their extension harness but will fire right up in the stock location

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

So I have their harness sitting on my shelf collecting dust

Thanks for the confirmation I will do anothe test But I rigged mine up to fit in the stock location with a champion race intake Which I like better anyway

Sounds like the extension harness is pinned wrong. Prolly has something to do with them moving to Colorado. :cigar:

Did anyone try and ohm them out?

Sounds like the extension harness is pinned wrong. Prolly has something to do with them moving to Colorado. :cigar:

Did anyone try and ohm them out?
This is what I do know .when I first received my extension piece from Casper's my car would not start no spark. Removed the extension put it back in stock location starts right up. So I sent it back to Casper's they said they could not find any thing wrong with it and they sent it back to me. So I tried it again car fired right up with the extension piece but it would not fire up again no spark. So removed extension piece put it back in stock location and it has spark? What the hell? ?

a couple things.

when remote mounted, the TR6 box must be grounded to the engine. I don't believe the Caspers extensions have provisions for this.

But, if you have an extension set that does not work, you can send it here and I will figure out the issue.

Bob

Just as bob said, run a dedicated ground from engine block to TR6 case. Also the coil pack ground wire has no business being extended over to the remote location. Snip that wire and ground it to the engine just like you would if you were mounting everything in the stock location.

Case ground:

image.jpg

post a pic of the ground wire coming out of the Caspers harness. That is the one I think is a problem. I have a dedicated ground to the TR6 box so that is good. Not sure why Caspers harness didn't have a ground at the coil like Bob's harness does. I think that is the problem.

post a pic of the ground wire coming out of the Caspers harness. That is the one I think is a problem. I have a dedicated ground to the TR6 box so that is good. Not sure why Caspers harness didn't have a ground at the coil like Bob's harness does. I think that is the problem.

The coil ground wire doesn't break out of the casper's harness. It just passes right along with the other wires over to the remote location. Have a close look at Bob's harness (at the coil pack connector). You'll see which wire is the coil ground. Identify that wire on the casper harness, snip it and ground it to the engine. Basically make it look just like Bob's harness.