torque value on a dp?

87blackbuick

can any one tell me how much to torque the bolts on the dp to the turbo to? also what is the easiest way to remove stock dp and cat? do i have to remove the turbo?

i just tightend them up pretty tight by hand, no speciffic torque, just keep the two bolts equal. the best way to get the dp out is to get the car as high up in the air as possible, take the 2 bolts off the turbo elbow, then take the 4 bolts off the back of the cat, if you can get the front two holding the cat to the dp off, take them off and take the cat off, i bet it will be rusted on though. then just wiggle it and twist it out. but the turbo stays right where it is, unless you want a ton of extra work.

the key is getting the car as high as possible, if you have access to a lift use it, it will save you a ton of headaches.

mine are as tight as i can get them with a little 13mm wrench. they came loose on me once already when they were fairly tight, what i thought was tight enough but obviously wasn't. its a fairly good size bolt, and your not going to strip any threads in the turbo so go ahead and make them tight. i think the thdp comes with allen head bolts, with those i'd go pretty tight but keep in mind you have less area to grab on with and you don't want to break a wrench, or strip out the inside of the bolt.

go pretty tight though.