Torque converter question for my set up

GNXJEFF

I have a 1987 GN. Here are my mods far from stock!
Webber Built Motor:
206 212 Cam
42 LB Green tip injectors
Ported and Polished Heads
TA 49 Turbo
TA Performance Headers
Bowling Green exhaust
Etc.....

My question is what torque converter should I run with this set up? When I bought my car the previous owner was running a TE60 Turbo on a stock motor with a Turbo Tweek chip. I still have the Turbo Tweek chip in the car, but I and going to change that out for a Red Armstorg chip once I figure out my torque converter problem. The car is leaving the hole like a pig! My 60 Ft times are 2.200 but my reaction times are near perfect .011. Can anyone help me? Thanks, Jeff

You need a chip that matches your combo. If the old set up spooled fine, it is not the converter. The chip is all wrong. Injector size is not the only thing to determines chip parameters. Your new engine is moving more air per lbs of boost than the stock engine. The chip is made for the boost with the stock engine. Chips that use the stock 255gr/sec MAS reading are not as universal as everyone on here thinks. That is partially why there are alot of driveability problems, blown headgaskets, and 12 sec cars with 10 sec parts on here.

We need more info. That 49 should spool extremely fast with anything more than a stock converter. It's too small IMO to take any advantage of that head/combo. You need a chip regardless and you will need another if you switch converters

Thanks everyone! I will start out with a new chip to match my engine mods. If that doesn't work I will look into the torque converter.