Too big?

Wknight13

Okay, so I pulled my turbo to rebuild. Purchased car 5 years ago with decent mods but didn't realize how big the turbo is. Tell me if I'm wrong in what I measured and if right, best way to rebuild. Im not seeing what the articles are saying.
Lets start with some info and pictures. Both housings say A/R 60...Pulled intercooller side (compressor I believe)cover off and measured 3.584 on outer spline and 2.584 on inner spline using micrometer... This translates to 91mm and 65.6mm respectively. I then measured output side (connecting to downpipe) and it is also 2.584, 65.6mm. Does this sound right? What exactly do I have here? Way more than I need I believe, but it's what came on it.

I know you will have more questions as to what is paired up to provide and why such a large turbo. I want to know also...thanks...pictures coming...

By the way, I need to rebuild as I'm blowing oil, not a huge amount but enough to know.

100_2715.JPG turbo.jpg turbo2.jpg turbo3.jpg turbo4.jpg

Post the rest of the combo to determine if its too big.

Te45a/t64e
It's the old diesel tv45 compressor and probably a big shaft clipped p exhaust wheel. It's a low 10 sec turbo and I wouldn't even consider using unless I was running at least high 10's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is but its what came with car, it will be under used as I dont have a track within 75 miles...gotta start somewhere, so might as well have turbo looked at and cleaned up...coming your way Bison per communication earlier.

but also to answer sleeper's request... red stripe inj (40 lb I believe), walbro pump, ATR exhaust, street/strip chip, not sure on stall or heads

but also to answer sleeper's request... red stripe inj (40 lb I believe), walbro pump, ATR exhaust, street/strip chip, not sure on stall or heads
Yea turbo's a little on the large side for that.. But bison will remedy that for sure (y)