Tire installer DESTROYED my wheels

i think the questions is how far do you wanna take it and how long do you want it to drag out - im sure they'll take care of you to avoid any kind of litigation - your pics of the tires were horrendous and obviously hazardous to not only you but everyone driving around you too...

also, i thought someone just posted a set of NOS wheels on here the other day you might check the for sale section, i thought he was asking like $2100 or something like that they still had the coating to prevent rust on them, my personal opinion would be NOS over rebuilt but Ive never had any experience with the company mentioned or having that service performed either but once they're touched they're no longer "original condition" in my opinion

just my 2 cents worth...good luck and hope everythings turns out for the best!

This thread is making me paranoid. I have to get new front tires. Gonna take pics of my car sitting in front of the shop the day I take it in. Maybe that will be good in case something horrible happens.:rolleyes:

Yeah I did watch the guy struggle but I've had dozens and dozens of tires mounted in my lifetime and I NEVER saw wheels come out bent. Especially steel wheels! I didn't think it was possible.

Anyway I heard from BJ's corporate and the guy asked me what happened and I told him the whole story. He's been very nice. He tried to locate a set of wheels but couldn't.

I found that True Design Wheels True Design Wheel; Buick & Oldsmobile Wheels in Denver, CO rebuilds these wheels. They cut out the center, straighten the shells (or use new ones, depending on the damage), rechrome the wheels and powder coat the black centers.

BJ's agreed to pay for this, including shipping and mounting, balancing, etc. They also agreed to refund me for the tires.

Does this sound like a good way to go? I don't know if I have any other options.

I would be on this deal like ugly on an ape. You better act quick before they back out of this deal. If you have to get an attorney it will only be for the principle of the matter. You lose financially.

Take the deal. Hadn't they gave you that deal or back out on the deal then tell them i guess your right your guy did nothing wrong. Then drive the car til the tire pops put it in a guard rail and then you'll own the company and can teach them all how to properly mount a GN rim, but you won't need a to mount a GN rim then you'll be having tires put on your GNX.:D

Just make sure they dismount and remount the tires from the backside of the rim-no problems.

The guy from BJ's agreed that I won't be going back there for any work on my car. He is fully willing to pay for me to have the tires dismounted and mounted at another shop. He also wasn't trying to make me get another set of tires from them. He is going to refund me for that.

I'm going to take the wheels off this weekend and find someone to properly dismount the tires. Then I'll ship them out next week. TDW said it would be about a 2 week job.

And as for the guy selling the NOS GN wheels, he states he won't ship and he's in Michigan I think and I'm in NY so no good on that. I doubt BJ's would be so willing to pay that much either. I'm happy with how they are willing to pay for them to be rebuilt; I don't want to push my luck.

I'd look at the beads really good on the tires they forced on .

I have seen rebuilt rims.. they were better than new !! :cool: take the $$$ an run.. I also wouldn't wait .

Been here before

and it sucks. My gtp wheels got screwed up by the local hillbilly shop when he balanced them. I've learned to take pictures before you drop them off so you have proof in court. Now I just trust my best friend and he takes special care of them at the Buick dealership

and it sucks. My gtp wheels got screwed up by the local hillbilly shop when he balanced them. I've learned to take pictures before you drop them off so you have proof in court. Now I just trust my best friend and he takes special care of them at the Buick dealership

;)Exactly...

The tires are off. I was appalled by how bad these tires looked once off the wheels! And this guy let me drive off like this!!! :mad: All of the tires had some damage to the bead area. I have the wheels boxed up and ready to ship out. I brought the tires back to BJ's and got a refund too. The guy working in there today (different guy than who installed them) couldn't even comprehend what I was talking about. He looked at me like I had 12 heads.

DSC00213.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

lol.... what more can be said. It's not like hacking up ur rims was bad enough but the tires looked even worse if that was possible. Looks like he put them on with a one of these.....:eek:

Attachments

• war.jpg
    war.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 401
Jesus they didnt even take a few moments to take the little sticker off. That being left there cause air to eventually leak out. :(

lol.... what more can be said. It's not like hacking up ur rims was bad enough but the tires looked even worse if that was possible. Looks like he put them on with a one of these.....:eek:

I think the monkey that put the tires on needs a good whack with one of those.

Wow, look at all that bead sealer............ Ill bet the dumb SOB was like, "why are these brand new tires leaking at the bead?" I dunno delburt, put some more sealer on them and lets pry on them a little more!