Tips for racing a TTA

BradWE4

I am having problems holding boost. Are there any tricks to help hold more on the line without a transbrake? Also any other tips would be helpful, making my first pass in the TTA this weekend.

What kind of tires and brakes are you using? Have you tried using the E brake also to hold boost?

I usually throw the car into Neutral, rev it up while holding the brake to build more vaccum before i start to spool seems to hold a good amount of boost.

I have performance friction pads and usually run nitto 555r's.

Usually can hold at least 10 lbs of boost before it breaks loose. Also make sure you race in D, not OD.

good luck
~Murt

Heres what I did so I would be able to hold more boost:

I spent money on a bunch of stuff and now I can hold 4 psi instead of 8. SO.... if you figure out what works let me know. I'm really starting to wonder about my proportioning valve. There are a few guys like me who cant hold squat even after trying the recommended stuff.

Jason

Originally posted by postal
Heres what I did so I would be able to hold more boost:

I spent money on a bunch of stuff and now I can hold 4 psi instead of 8. SO.... if you figure out what works let me know. I'm really starting to wonder about my proportioning valve. There are a few guys like me who cant hold squat even after trying the recommended stuff.

Jason

My tires break loose at 5 psi every time. I just have to live with 1.7 sixty's I guess.:(

E - brake thing doesn't work for my car.

Try holding the brakes as light as possible during your burnout. That'll heat them up and won't allow you to hold as much. Then roll to the line. I set off the first light, put in neutral and rev one time. Put back in gear and start bringing up the rpm. I stand on the brake pedal as hard as I can. Then creep just enough to set the second light and stand on it again bringing the rpm up. Then go :)

I'm either not coordinated enough or the e-brake doesn't work for me.

It takes practice but it'll work. So far its worked for the stock rear pads and PFC street pads. With Nittos, both have been low 1.6's.

On the stok turbo, I would build about 2-3 PSI boost then stab the throttle to flash the converter. I would get routine 1.6's

On the bigger turbo and 2800 stall, If I dont get out of the hole with at least 8-10 PSI, forget it.

So your turbo and converter play a major role in how the car can be launched.

My procedure is after the burnout I pull up and lite the first bulb, I go and get the car into boost like 1 PSI, then I creep forward lite the second bulb, by the time the tree comes down, I can leave at 8-10 PSI and cut a .500 lite assumming everything works as should. Ebrake works great on my car.

HTH

Stageright Transbrake!!! 20psi no problem. Just don't know if you would want to launch with that. On BFG's and stock turbo 10-12 psi =1.6 short times.Track prep also a key factor.Street night with rice-a-roni = crappy short times. good luck!

WES

10-15 here and I hold the ebrake as hard as I can. Breakes thge ET street loose at 15 so as the needle sweeps past 10 I let her rip...

And dont pop no wheelies because it warps your B- pillars!

HTH: Jason